Replies

• All the best!

• I was told that since this picture went up on THIS FORUM, three bands from TOBAGO have switched from BEVERLEY TO KERON VALENTINE. And quite a few bands from the EAST are leaning away from their original choice and starting to move in the direction of KERON VALENTINE. They are mostly waiting to see the rest of his SLATE before they JUMP ON THE KERON BOAT!!!

• Who's running his campaign Cambridge Analytica?

Selling an image, next thing yuh know people buying Cap and Tee shirts to promote his campaign.

Man look like he is Pan Faddah, his sense of ENTITLEMENT.

Respect yuh ELDERS...people still think pan players DOTISH.

Where is OWEN SERRETTE when yuh need him...

As pres­i­dent of Pan Trin­ba­go, in or­der to in­ter­na­tion­alise the or­gan­i­sa­tion, Ser­rette es­tab­lished Pan Trin­ba­go chap­ters in Cana­da, New York and Ari­zona, and formed al­liances with Caribbean steel­band or­gan­i­sa­tions.

Cul­tur­al ex­change pro­grammes were al­so es­tab­lished, with last­ing re­la­tion­ships, where­by lo­cal mu­si­cians, tuners and arrangers se­cured per­for­mances and work abroad.

An amaz­ing caveat of Ser­rette's stint as pres­i­dent is that he served strict­ly in a vol­un­tary ca­pac­i­ty. "At no time dur­ing the years I spent as pres­i­dent of Pan Trin­ba­go did I re­ceive a salary," he re­vealed.

2959991166?profile=original2959991178?profile=RESIZE_320x3202959991049?profile=RESIZE_320x3202959991238?profile=original2959991323?profile=original2959991375?profile=originalJohnny King Pan Man Overs dat

• Ken 'Professor' Philmore - Pan Man Overs Dat

• 'honesty and integrity'.

qualities that are hard to find among our candidates.

it is not a PT thing, it is TT thing.

a lot on members would get fool by smooth talkers once more.

• Keron Valentine is  not  qualified to lead Pan in Trinidad and Tobago.

One of the things that made Phase II and by extension Boogsie great was their fight to never being tied to a sponsor. This was the hallmark of Phase II. 

When the HADCO group became involved with Phase II, Boogsie let it be known publicly it was an association. A mutually beneficial relationship. Phase II was Phase II. And so it was promoted. No outside entity controlled the Phase II enterprise.

Unfortunately, one of the first things Keron Valentine did as manager of Phase II was to make HADCO the official sponsor of the band.

Why did he Keron do this?  Did HADCO ask for or demand this? NO. Did HADCO hand Phase II and extra 240 million US for the linkage? No. He sold Phase II out for personal gain. He was investing in his future not Phase II. He took advantage of a momentarily tired, weaken and distracted  Boogsie Sharpe. HE SOLD OUT the band.

The world is run by businesses and organizations that fund and sponsor other entities - the world is not run by organizations that are always seeking sponsors and become nothing more than professional beggars. 

Only two steelbands in recent times have resisted the"sponsor" model - Exodus and Phase II. Exodus gave in a few years ago and now the last hold-out Phase II succumb to this trickery.

Ask Trinidad All Stars about brand independence. They have struggled mightily even after all these years to shed the Catelli tag from their brand.  At least they understand the issue and are trying to be independant.

Based on his Phase II management year Keron Valentine will sellout pan in Trinidad and Tobago. Independence is not in his DNA. 

bugs

• See it this way folks. He has too many credits and may even be over qualified for the job. Previously the people that governed PT were under qualified to run PT with the following line "The World Governing Body of Pan."  He will have the hardest challenge of his career. I hope he knows this. He can easily get a job at big companies both inside and outside of T&T with the qualifications he has attained.  Now PT needs such qualified men to take PT truly international. If PT members decide on giving him the benefit of the doubt, there will be many highly intelligent persons sending in their ideas including me as the way to go for pan to become truly an international instrument and a multi billion corporation for pan international. If not PT would have never been given a chance. This is the type of person who can and will attract both local and international investors. Investors means here, not just money but intelligent ideas. PT must be run by both business and academic oriented persons in order for it to truly deserve the name "The World Governing Body of Pan" Count me in. It is just left up to the actual intelligence of the individual. Academics is one thing actual wisdom and intelligence is another. Whether the young gentleman has that second and more vital qualification is left to be seen. 

• Wisdom, intelligence, education and whatever, but NOBODY talks of honesty and integrity. I just find it strange, maybe because it hardly exists in any segment of the T&T society.

• I promise you -- MR. MERCER -- that as the ELECTION DAY gets closer, I will be addressing the issues of HONESTY and INTEGRITY.

However, I am assuming that you were born and grew up in TRINIDAD and TOBAGO, in which case you should know that HONESTY is a scarce resource when TRINIS are put in charge of MONEY (if ah give you the latest example yuh bound to hold yuh head and bawl) -- and for INTEGRITY ... who needs that.

Yuh cyar buy no RUM and ROTI with INTEGRITY!!!

But I do promise that I will return to the subject two weeks before the election!!!

• When I left Trinidad, Honesty was not as scarce as it is now.

This reply was deleted.