When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Incredibly sad to learn of Ralph MacDonald’s passing in the early hours of this morning (December 18, 2011)!!  When Steel Talks extends our sincere condolences to the family and friends of Ralph.  He was a true friend, fan and ardent supporter of When Steel Talks and Pan. Exclusive & extended WST interview with this legendary artist.

Find more videos like this on When Steel Talks

Views: 907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The passing of Ralph is extremely sad news. He was such an unassuming giant in the industry. I am sure that he will be missed by Robert, and all those he played with and/or arranged for. I hope that WST will have a playlist of his music if only as a tribute to him and something that fans can reminisce with.

John George

Washington, DC

My condolences to the family of a blessed brother.

RIP

With my deepest sympathy to the family. Peace + Love !!!!!!

l

so sad...

his calypso grooves will live on....

so sad

Yes.  Genuine and true to the Calypso art form. Ralph was a committed Kaiso fan and a great congero

Another Great one has passed. Blessed Journey Home Mr MacDonald. You will be sorely missed . It seems that this year with the exodus of so many of the creative giants and cultural icons of our nation, Trinbago is being challenged. Could it be that these fathers and mothers are opening the road for the young ones?? I hope so.  

Thanks for the music Ralph, and all the ways you helped to put our pan and music on the map. Those you leave behind can be proud of your heritage

May his eternal soul, R.I.P...  Peace!!!

Sat-Nam...Condolences to Ralph's Family And Extended-Family!A Great loss indeed..*Etta James, Cesaria Evora,and now..Ralph..All joining Our Ancestors in this 3-day period...pretty tough,for the Music-Family and this Planet!*It is gratifying to know they have left such Rich,Extensive Legacies!ASE!

May he RIP
Condolences to his family & relatives.

Ralph McDonald is one of the great souls to have graced this earth. Its sad to hear of his passing, he still had a lot to offer the music world on earth. I guess our Creator Almighty God had other plans for his soul. He will be misses by all his fans. My condolenses to his family relatives and numerous friends. May he rest in Peace, Thanks for the music Ralph!

My condolences to the family of the late Mr. Ralph McDonald. I only knew of Mr. McDonald in the mid 70's via                "Just The Two Of Us." I first saw him at the Appollo Theatre in NYC when Desperadoes toured in 1987. I remember him performing with the band at B.A.M. in Brooklyn. He identified with Trinidad and named a lot of his compositions in honour of the many cities in Trinidad. Thanks Mr. McDonald for purchasing a copy of my pan book, and when you see Charlo tell him Ian said thanks again for asking my mother for the me to play with the band.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service