REIMBURSE THE NEW VISIONARIES...

The New Visionaries was formed to oppose the executive of Pan Trinbago for leadership of the organzation.They were made to go through legal battles which depleted their funds and tied them up in the courts for years thus allowing PT to rule beyond their mandate.

I am of the opinion this also broke the spirit of the New Visionaries, now pan people is left with the uncertainty as to who will  oppose the executive of PT?

In this fiasco the playing field was not level, the cards was stacked against the New Visionaries because the had to raise funds with included their own to pay legal expenses while on the other hand Pan Trinbago executives used PT funds for their legal expenses which I think should be illegal.

I am now asking the powers that be to have Pan Trinbago reimburse  the New Visionaries all legal expenses, this way no other executive will think about using this strategy in the future.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ODW; my brother, every year the Republic of T&T Government, allot/distribute 1/4 billion some $250,000.000.oo million TT tax payers dollars, to the T&T Carnival Culture, Masqueraders sector, Calypsonian's, Soca Monach, Chutney, Pan / steel band via PanTrinbago etc, PanTrinbago is allotted a minimal/minimum amount some $25,000.000.oo to $30,000.000.oo odd million tt dollars for pan people, they got that funding since mid Janurary 2015, where they had to allot funds to the single, small, medium, and large bands to prepare for panorama and Carnival ...

• Leslie,

I understand what it IS, the allotments for the stake holders at Carnival, but what I don't understand is WHY can't Pan Trinbago as a separate entity with an overhead that covers over 200 plus steel orchestras and their members, I guess over 5,000 plus players performing at this musical event, could not come up with a figure to justify, why their annual allotment needs to be increased and funded to meet these demands. They keep coming up short every year? No payments for the performers.

Am I to believe there's no financial gain in hosting this annual event, time to come up with solutions. 

• There is "FINANCIAL GAIN" but it goes into the POCKETS of the ADMINISTRATORS. Running PAN TRINBAGO is not about PAN. It is about STEALING FUNDS ... as the GEICO commercial says: EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!!!

• Claude,
          I am “SHOCKED” you mean this cultural organization that’s tax payer funded, is a crime syndicate and no one is indicted for misappropriation of funds???

• ODW: ever year PT is alotted X and X amount of tax payers dollars for Panorama, Single pan bands get's $10,000.oo TTDs, Small bands get's $15,000.oo, Medium get's $20,000.oo, and Large get's $25,000.oo, before Carnival to come on the road for Carnival and Panorama, now remember, that money is part of the money alotted to PT, long before Carnival YET, after Panorama, pan people do not and cannot get paid for another three to four months, PT tell's U that they have'nt recieved the fund's as yet, if that's not been held HOSTAGE via poverty, or IN LIMBO, what is ???

• Leslie,

Let me see if I understand what you are saying, correct me if I’m wrong. The KingPin that’s running this cultural organization, using the government funding "tax payers $$" for this major musical event called Steelband Panorama is only allotted funds to cover cost for performances on the stage and on the road at carnival.

Something is wrong with the accounting. I would think after hosting this annual event for so many years, you should be able to present a balance sheet that would show the breakdown on how much it would cost, payments, fees including the prize monies to get your funding to run the event successfully.

Another problem for me is why the revenue acquired can’t make up for the short fall?

Let’s see here, gate receipts, sales from broadcast rights from local TV staions and the foreign media, where you leasing the panorama stage to any bidder, who can pay a price and the highest bidder gets the best location.

What about the greens and the advertisers who are promoting their products, we all know advertising budgets for companies are no small change. We know a 30 second ad in the NFL Super Bowl can cost millions of dollars for any company; FIFA is known to maximize their profits this way…and they like the NFL are not for profit organization.  http://brandchannel.com/2014/01/22/super-bowl-who-fifas-world-cup-i...

Ad deals related to the Cup are bringing in enormous amounts of money—much more than the $4 million-per-spot price tag of this year’s 30-second Super Bowl ads. Brazil’s largest TV network, Globo, which has exclusive broadcast rights for the Cup, has struck deals with eight major companies—AmBev, Coca-Cola, Banco Itau, Johnson & Johnson, Hyundai, Nestle, wireless business Oi and local retailer Magazine Luiza—that will see the companies pay out a combined $600 million in order to occupy “451 thirty-second TV commercials, hundreds of quick mentions with visuals when announcers talk about World Cup games, and 359 5-second commercials created by Globo that feature four marketers at a time and run at the beginning and end of soccer games and other programming, and during commercial breaks,” Ad Age reports.

• ODW and ERROL; Pan / pan men/women are been held "HOSTAGE", a pledge pending the fulfillment of an agreement and obligation...

• Leslie...please elaborate on that "pledge", we all know knowledge is power.

• BUG'S; every year the Government of T&T allot 1/4 billion, $250.000.000.oo million of our tax payers dollars to the Carnival Culture, Soca Mornarch, Calypsonians, Masqueraders, Steet band via Pan Trinbago, etc, so Pan Trinbago is not, the only organization is funded by the T&T Government...

• Let us be reminded that the New Visionaries raised their own funds to contest the election, they did not expect to be tied up in court for over 3 years.

This reply was deleted.