When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

The New Visionaries was formed to oppose the executive of Pan Trinbago for leadership of the organzation.They were made to go through legal battles which depleted their funds and tied them up in the courts for years thus allowing PT to rule beyond their mandate.

I am of the opinion this also broke the spirit of the New Visionaries, now pan people is left with the uncertainty as to who will  oppose the executive of PT?

In this fiasco the playing field was not level, the cards was stacked against the New Visionaries because the had to raise funds with included their own to pay legal expenses while on the other hand Pan Trinbago executives used PT funds for their legal expenses which I think should be illegal.

I am now asking the powers that be to have Pan Trinbago reimburse  the New Visionaries all legal expenses, this way no other executive will think about using this strategy in the future.

Views: 2292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leslie Michael Jordan: YOU HAVE YOUR FINGER ON THE ELECTION PULSE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It's more complex than that!!!

Errol, as I understand it, the New Visionaries took the PT Executive to the courts for not allowing Denise Hernandez(of All Stars), Keith Simpson( of Tripolians), and two others from participating in the elections for various reasons, in other words, they (PT) were choosing who they wanted to appose them in elections (my interpretation). You can verify this by listening to the New Visionaries video clip on WST, and Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj's video also on WST.

Pan Trinbago appealed their case against Denise Hernandez and Keith Simpson and lost in the Appeal Court. Know your Pan history man, it is important!

No pan, but lawyers fuh so! Ah should ah take up law instead of pan.

Money like peas.

Anthony: I am sure that the PRESIDENT OF PAN TRINBAGO is making more money than all dem lawyers put together. Yuh shoulda run for PRESIDENT OF PAN TRINBAGO instead of playing pan..

MONEY LIKE PEAS!!!

Well, objecting is one thing, and you are correct on that point, but choosing your opponents and saying that they cant participate because of X or Y or Z is another. As for the rest of your argument, I cant seem to get the gist of. This case is very complicated and I suggest you get a copy of the court decision for your information which you can also get on the nett.

Bertel much kudos for this posts,you have stated the facts, and shared your opinion.

We can have a better discourse, if we all follow your example.

Regards

Thanks Oswald.

LMJ, as I understand it there were some changes made to their constitution, I don't know how that went.

Changes where?! No changes were made!

PEOPLE THE MAIN POINT HERE IS PAN TRINBAGO SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TELL THE NEW VISIONARIES WHO TO CHOOSE AS CANDIDATES. If Jack Warner runs as a PNM Kamla cyah say anything about that.

Continuing your analogy, while Kamla cyah say anything if Jack want to run as a PNM candidate she and the perhaps the TT constitution may have plenty to say if any ah we with green cards and US passports decides to run for any political office in Trinbago.

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service