REMEMBERING ASAMI

STATEMENT by several Heads of Mission and representatives from International Organizations located in Trinidad and Tobago:

We wish to first and foremost extend our condolences to the family and many friends of Asami, and to express our grief at the loss of such a vibrant young woman who had so much to look forward to. We also wish to express our solidarity to all those who are struggling to cope with this very tragic loss.

Asami’s multicultural commitment is an example for societies that celebrate diversity and embrace the idea that society is stronger and more harmonious in spite of differences.

#Asami

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sad and touching! It is a pity that law enforcement does not work efficiently and effectively in this small geographic area we live in. How can there be so many killers on the loose? Something seems to be wrong with work ethics of our beloved country and/or its justice base. We recognize that crime is global but as ordinary citizens here we do not enjoy the same sense of comfort which people in cities of 1-2m derive because of  proper crime detection and solution strategies employed.

• Ayesha: I always look forward to your posts and I enjoy reading them.

• This is for Clyde Mathura.   Expressing your concern on the death od Asami is a good thing.  C.A.

• To understand the CRIME CRISIS in Trinidad and Tobago, one must first buy the premise that CRIME IS A POLITICAL WEAPON in Trinidad and Tobago.

• You know,you are not the first person I have heard use that expression to describe the situation in Trinidad....am not sure exactly what that means.

• The crime fighter that I forgot to mention is Johnny Abrahams.
    • I hear you man,it is a sad situation all around. It is no wonder we have unfortunate scenarios like Asami....and sooo many others who have  shared  the same fate.

• Fourteen thousand illegal high tech weapons were smuggled through the porous ports off T&T, in addition to the thousand that are already in the criminals hands . One off the best crime fighter besides Randolph Burrows is gone( forced on pre retirement leave) . There are too many bad apples in the TTPF . The lawlessniss will continue . Despers going back to the hill for 2017. Their support during practice will be scarce . No outsiders in their right mind going to up them Laventille hill to get shit listening to pan.
This reply was deleted.