Remembering Cecil “Pious” Atherton - RIP

A percussion master... Ace conga player for Metro Steel Orchestra and Pantonic Steel Orchestra

A partial list of albums the late “Pious” performed on...

Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Man From The Ghetto album art Explainer - Man From The Ghetto (LP, Album) Kam's, Charlie's Records ECR 421 1981
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Nature album art Explainer - Nature (LP, Album) Kam's, Charlie's Records ECR 317 1982
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Party In Space album art Swallow (4) - Party In Space (LP, Album) Charlie's Records SCR 324 1983
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - The Greatest album art Mighty Sparrow - The Greatest (LP) Charlie's Records, Charlie's Records JAF 1006, JAF 1007 1983
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - The Power Within album art Blue Boy (5) - The Power Within  Kalico Records, Kalico Records 1984
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Mystical Moods album art Shadow (11) - Mystical Moods  SR Records (2) 1984
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Slane Again album art Slane (3) - Slane Again (LP, Album) Charlie's Records, Charlie's Records #003, LP 003 CJ. 1984
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - My Burning Desire album art Designer (3) - My Burning Desire  Charlie's Records 1984
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - First Take album art Swallow (4) - First Take  Charlie's Records 1984
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - King Of The World album art Sparrow* - King Of The World  Dynamic Sounds 1984
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - The Awakening album art Explainer - The Awakening (LP, Album) B's Records BSR-EX-001 1984
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Town Mash Down album art Swallow (4) - Town Mash Down (LP, Album) Charlie's Records SCR 364 1985
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - King On The Move album art Penguin (3) - King On The Move (LP) B's Records BSR-PEN 022 1985
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Don't Touch Me album art Poser (2) - Don't Touch Me (LP) Straker's Records GS 2781 1985
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - There Must Be A Way album art Merchant - There Must Be A Way (LP, Album) Charlie's Records MCR 375 1986
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Better Than Ever album art Shadow (11) - Better Than Ever  SR Records (2) 1985
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Rebound album art Explainer - Rebound (LP, Album) Charlie's Records, Charlie's Records CR 395, ECR 395 1986
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Double Trouble album art Blackbird* - Double Trouble (12") Joker Records (14) LP 180 1986
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Gimme Something album art Nelson* - Gimme Something (LP, Album) Charlie's Records NCR 384 1986
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Swallow On The Streets Of Brooklyn album art Swallow (4) - Swallow On The Streets Of Brooklyn (LP, Album) Charlie's Records SCR 3129 1988
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Party Lover album art Scrunter - Party Lover (LP) TCA Records J.N.-001 1988
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - The Soca Warrior album art Swallow (4) - The Soca Warrior (LP, Album) Charlie's Records SCR 3519 1989
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Total Dis-Order album art Duke* - Total Dis-Order (LP, Album) JW Productions JW-DKE-028 1989
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Stop The Tugging album art Explainer - Stop The Tugging (LP, Album) Charlie's Records ECR 3869 1989
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - The Boss album art Genius* - The Boss (LP) JW Productions JW-GE-026 1989
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Yesterday's Children album art Gypsy - Yesterday's Children (LP, Album) MRS Records 3689 1989
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - On Top Of The World album art Baron (4) - On Top Of The World (LP, Album) JW Productions JW BA - 029 1990
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Charlie's Dance Mix album art Errol Ince - Charlie's Dance Mix  Charlie's Records 1990
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Party Classics 3 album art Mighty Sparrow - Party Classics 3 (LP) Charlie's Records SCR 3520 1990
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Steam album art Swallow (4) - Steam (LP, Album) Charlie's Records SCR 3522 1990
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Hotel Time album art Duke* - Hotel Time (LP) Charlie's Records DCR 3559 1991
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Make Way album art I-Jah-P - Make Way (12") Black Stone Records (2) none Unknown
Cecil "Pious" Atherton - Hot Party album art Wayne T.* - Hot Party (12") Black Stone Records (2) none Unknown

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sincere Condolences..

• THE DASH

by Linda Ellis

I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend. He referred to the dates on the tombstone from the beginning… to the end.

He noted that first came the date of birth and spoke of the following date with tears, but he said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time they spent alive on earth and now only those who loved them know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own, the cars… the house… the cash. What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard; are there things you’d like to change? For you never know how much time is left that still can be rearranged.

To be less quick to anger and show appreciation more and love the people in our lives like we’ve never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect and more often wear a smile… remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.

So when your eulogy is being read, with your life’s actions to rehash, would you be proud of the things they say about how you lived your dash?

• R I P 

This reply was deleted.