Response to Keith Diaz on the NCC and Pan Trinbago.

“I am saying to the nation that I signed it. I am proud of signing it, because this is what we need to do. And, …is a document to not only deal with Panorama. This is not a Panorama document. People getting mix up. …Is a document dealing with any other project that the steelband movement is to negotiate with the NCC going forward. The country is now taking a different turn. The government says they are going to fund different things, not only Panorama…any organised cultural event. They will look at it and if they feel they could fund it, they will fund it. That wasn’t being done before,” he said.

Diaz added, “So if now we have a document that is signed…that you could approach with a budget and get funding for it, what is wrong with that? Most of the institutions, football, all the regional Corporations have to comply and answer especially with regards to accountability. It doesn’t have any favour for the pan movement. At the end of the day, we have to be very prudent in how we approach things as an organisation.” (Quoting Keith Diaz)

“Oh, no, no Mr. Diaz”

Sorry, Keith Diaz, that explanation is not worth the paper that it is written on.

This is not what we needed to do, this is a result of what you and your administration have done, since you came into power in 2009. Nine years of mismanagement, cronyism, ill-planned concepts, dishonesty, infighting and lack of true vision for the pan has led to this demise of the pan movement. Your mismanagement of the Pan Trinbago affairs, should be a lesson to those who would dare to come and take up leadership positions of this institution. If you are not capable of understanding what it takes to be a leader and champion of this cause, you need to stay away from getting involved in this area of administration. Today a general question is in order, in addressing the intellectual abilities and qualifications of the people we elect to office and to run our affairs. For the future, let it be that we choose from our best qualified for the job, not our friends and people, for whom we would expect favors.

Back on Diaz’s memo, now after running the organization to the ground, where all credibility was lost, you have then literally sold it to the NCC for $0.00. The government had to step in, because you and your dysfunctional administration left no choice, the bleeding mismanagement had to stop. There is a price for this, which is having some other organization manage your affairs, until you are deemed capable of running your own affairs again. What a backward step in steelpan development, the rest of the world is not only embracing pan, they are making it a part of their normal lives, in schools and communities. Pan businesses are expanding in all areas of development including manufacture and marketing. It is developing at a rapid pace outside its place of origin. This should be a cause for concern, but who is paying attention? The government in their interest should take a serious look at the business prospects of pan and the concept of diversifying. Perhaps the contents of the barrel (drum), oil might one day be worth less that the barrel (drum). Today, a pan is sold for $8000.00 US in Ohio USA. Do the math. Trinidadians. Diaz and his administration are to be held accountable, but remember pan people, you are the ones who elected them to office.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  well spoken sir

this however  is like water on a ducks back

time for an independence award for diaz

• I believe that there are capable people in Trinidad who can take up the helm of administration, but they are skeptical to get involved. We have to encourage these people that they should get involve....time for a  necessary change.

• Well, Mr. Wilson: Give me the name of ONE of the "capable people in Trinidad who can take up the helm of administration" who could have written this passage or who could conceive or write or even UNDERSTAND THIS PASSAGE: "... the rest of the world is not only embracing pan, they are making it a part of their normal lives, in schools and communities. Pan businesses are expanding in all areas of development including manufacture and marketing. It is developing at a rapid pace outside its place of origin. This should be a cause for concern, but who is paying attention?"

As you may know (or not know), I have tried in ONE HUNDRED WAYS on this forum and in personal emails to get this message across to THE LOCALS ... but they are INCAPABLE of getting it.

What the fellah say: "is like water on a ducks back" ....

• Salah, I'm sitting here laughing to myself.  You hit the nail right on the head.  I wonder if the many people who voted for KD will continue to do so now that he has sold out pan to the lowest bidder.

KD was actually in the UK over the weekend for the UK Panorama competition.  Instead of sorting out the Pan Trinbago mess which he and his merry men created back in Trinidad, he's "living it large" in the UK.

Shame, shame, shame ....

• KD and the administration are to be held accountable for the enduring mismanagement of PT affairs.

It is time to have intellectual pan people to get involve in the administration of Pan

• Well said my brother.

• LORD SALAH: Ah love yuh for THIS POSTING.

Everybody else fraid dey lose dey link to the GOVERNMENT so dey fraid to speak out!!!

KEITH DIAZ just sell them some SNAKE OIL and everybody drink it and stay QUIET hoping for a miracle healing!!!

Even THE CIP drink the SNAKE OIL and grab on to KEITH DIAZ TAIL.

Like dey BRIBE OUT Gregory Lindsay because he loss he revolutionary spirit -- JUST SO!!!

Ah have to go back and read your response ONE MORE TIME!!!

"... the rest of the world is not only embracing pan, they are making it a part of their normal lives, in schools and communities. Pan businesses are expanding in all areas of development including manufacture and marketing. It is developing at a rapid pace outside its place of origin. This should be a cause for concern, but who is paying attention?"

• Tried to stay away and keep out of it, ....but I am in Trinidad at the moment, so I had to add my two cents

This reply was deleted.