Comment by WST Member Dougal Williams

Ridiculous that in this high-tech day and age, so many people outside of T&T, crossing their fingers hoping to see and hear panorama without glitches, without blank screens, without video but no audio, without out-a-time video, without sticking and starting and without stewpsing and pelting a shoe at "Buffering....please wait"

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Trinidad must start teaching recording broadcasting skills in schools and colleges and even as high as university levels.

I don't think anyone would be happy with the overall production of sound. This is an instrument that demands total perfection in its reproduction. Like many years gone by TTTV, Advance Dynamics and other pretenders they have all fallen short in the way they settle for mediocrity and sacrifice perfection.

Sanch have delivered well over the years, and dear I say Basement Recordings have a lot to teach Trinidadians.

The Telecast tonight is consistently breaking up due to the large number of folks listening to it on the internet. I think someone may have underestimated the demand on the WWW.

It must improve someday.

• Not working too well so far here, at least... Lots of stops and starts, and some crazy pitch bends due to the sound slowing down and speeding up!

• It's on!!

• Does anyone see anything on carnivaltv.net right now?

• not yet

• I was very happy that WACK brought over the smaller bands, even though it was only audio I appreciated it and it gave me a feeling on being there while freezing in NY. There are so many nationals abroad plus pannatics world wide who would love to be in T&T for the carnival but can't so I believe that the Government should make a sincere effort to accommodate us.It's said that T&T are the most tech-savvy nation in the Caribbean. Please live up to your billing.

• "It's said that T&T are the most tech-savvy nation in the Caribbean."

That is indeed true. But the "tech-savvy" people are not of the steel band ilk.

• To all that live in a 1st world country and want to watch a show coming from a 3rd world country, keep your fingers crossed, and maybe some toes too.

• for finals, Carnival TV does a stupendous job - they stream it in HD with excellent sound;  and so far they have had EXEMPLARY commentators - Etienne Charles lest year...  let's see who they have tonight. 

The stream itself will be in HD, and judging by what they did for the last two years I am expecting tonight's broadcast to be of very good quality.

This reply was deleted.