Toronto, Canada - Congratulations are in order for Salah's Steelpan Academy which won its third consecutive title at the annual Pan Alive Competition held last night at the Lamport Stadium. The Montreal-based steelpan music organization edged out New Dimension Steel Band by just three points. The record-setting third consecutive Pan Alive title was the second 'top honor' in 2009 for Salah's Steelpan Academy which also captured the Montreal 2009 Panorama title in July. click for more details

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Mr. Wilson. Is there an official cd or dvd of the panorama?
    • Thanks Jojo,
      there will be an official CD &DVD. I do not think that it is yet available though.
      However our group ( Salah's Steelpan Academy) do have a CD of our Panorama song & Tune of Choice ( 2009).
      On the same CD we also have the same type of songs for the last four years....thanks again and have a good day....
      Salah
  • Congratulations to Salah's Academy and special congratulations to Mr. Andre Rouse on placing New Dimensions second. This development is long overdue for Andre as he has been the stage-side arranger for Afropan for a number of years and was never given the opportunity to do the Pan Alive competition. Look out for Andre as he has great skills and a very wide repertoire of music.
    • Thanks Tony, and big congrats to Andre on a job well done
      Salah
  • Congrats Mr Salah. Big up on your (double) triple. This could be a first. Am not sure if this has been done anywhere before. This is a great testament to you and your organisation. Also big up to Mr Rouse who on his first attempt came in second with New D. We are looking forward to big things from Mr Rouse in the future.
    • Thanks Puffy and also Big Up Andre Rouse for a remakable feat. I have had the pleasure of playing with Andre on a trip to Hong kong a few years ago...nuff respect
      Salah
  • International Steelbands can go to Montreal, Canada in June, 2010 to compete against other steelbands. This Steelband Panorama is open to any Steelband from any where, for real size dose'nt matter!!!!!
    • I would like to echo what Hameed ( The Pan Piper ) Shaqq has stated ...everyone is welcomed
      Salah
  • Congrats to you and your steel orchestra. A wonderful job.
    • Thanks Junior,
      We are looking forward to seeing Defence Force Steelband in Montreal....( please send us your schedule so that we can arrange a side show.......Salah)
This reply was deleted.