Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - It might be down to the wire for title defenders Trinidad All Stars as they are currently in fourth place, tied with Skiffle, going into the February 10, 2018 Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama finals - but do not count these “All Stars” out. However challenger to the throne Renegades Steel Orchestra led by champion arranger Duvone Stewart is intent on holding its lead going into final night competition.  The last time Renegades were Panorama champions was 1997- twenty-one years ago. Playing ‘Year For Love’ - could 2018 be the ‘Year For Renegades and Duvone Stewart?’ Time will tell.  And Stewart is also leading - at this point - in the medium steel orchestra category...

Read more

Large Conventional Steel Orchestras

RESULTS TUNE BAND SONG ARRANGER
1st
Renegades
Renegades Steel Orchestra logo
Year For Love Duvone Stewart
Duvone Stewart
2nd
Desperadoes
Desperadoes Steel Orchestra logo
Year For Love Carlton “Zanda” Alexander
Carlton “Zanda” Alexander
3rd
Phase II Pan Groove
Phase II logo
Hello Len “Boogsie” Sharpe
Len “Boogsie” Sharpe
4th
Skiffle
Skiffle Steel Orchestra
Hello Kendall Williams, Marc Brooks, Odie Franklin
Marc Brooks
Kendall Williams
Odie Franklin
4th
Trinidad All Stars
Lightning Flash Leon “Smooth” Edwards
Leon “Smooth” Edwards
6th
Supernovas
Supernovas Steel Orchestra band logo - When Steel Talks
Sweet Fuh Days Amrit Samaroo
Amrit Samaroo
7th
Silver Stars
Silver Stars Steel Orchestra band logo - When Steel Talks
Lightning Flash Liam Teague
Liam Teague
8th
Exodus
Exodus Steel Orchestra logo
Sweet Fuh Days Pelham Goddard
Pelham Goddard

&

Terrance “BJ” Marcelle
Terrance “BJ” Marcelle

9th
Invaders
Invaders Steel Orchestra logo
(ITF) Inside The Festival Arddin Herbert
Arddin Herbert
10th
Starlift
Starlift Steel Orchestra band logo - When Steel Talks
Full Of Vibe Robert Greenidge
Robert Greenidge

11th
Tropical Angel Harps
Tropical Angel Harps logo
Sweet Fuh Days Clarence Morris
Clarence Morris
12th
Fonclaire
Fonclaire Steel Orchestra logo
(ITF) Inside The Festival Leon Foster Thomas
Leon “Foster” Thomas
  13th
Redemption Sound Setters

Long Time Micheal Toby
Micheal Toby
14th
La Brea Nightingales
La Brea Nightingales
(ITF) Inside The Festival Richard Gittens
Richard Gittens

more Semi Finals results >>> Small | Medium | Large

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I dont know who Clarence moris in Angel harps pissed off but for years they have been getting cheated out when they came with better music than other bands, maybe he will have to do like Zanda and do music for a big name band to be credited.

Rember lots of guys here use to say Zanda music was not good but in fact his style hasnt changed at all Despers still sounding like Deltons  

• Well, I am DEPRESSED!!! I eh even bothering to listen to this PANORAMA. Dey done downgrade meh band SKIFFLE. Ah disagree with this "STARTING AT ZERO" thing because I know that SKIFFLE starting at MINUS TWENTY FIVE!!!

• Hey Skiffle ROCKED the  savannah on sunday and I am All Stars from very young. I am trying to get their(skiffle) piece from sunday, but nada so can you assist...thanks!!!

• Were you happy with the results after the preliminaries?.

• FIRE GO "BUN" THEM IN  PANORAMA  2018...........PEACE!!

• Basically pleased with the results but cannot for the life of me understand Tropical Angel Harps being left out and Exodus being placed in the final ten. Also both Phase 11 and All Stars weren't up to par as i had Skiffle Bunch and Supernovas ahead of those two in the top three. All Stars was same ole same ole and Boogise with his arrogant self who was so confident he would make the final said in his interview that he didn't change anything for the semis so in a nutshell they could play ta ta, and they will still put the Phase in the top three.

• If only 3 bands qualified for the finals, you MIGHT have had a point.

Just last year...Phase II semi final placing was 5th .

• Lady you have problems

• Starlift and Silver Stars ahead of Tropical Angel Harps and NLCB Fonclaire . Are those judges for real? The struggles of South/Central Large bands continues. 

• TROPICAL ANGEL HARPS IS NOT A PART OF THE OLD BOYS CLUB "THAT IS PANTRINBAGO"  IN MY OPINION, NLCB FONCLAIRE,TOGETHER SILVER STARS, AND STARLIFT SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE PANORAMA FINAL.......PEACE!!

This reply was deleted.