When Steel Talks - Feel the Music - Live the Experience - Reboot

“Goddammit! God-dam y′all bad...”

These words, an emphatic and joyous declaration from the elderly Black American, heard shouting at the end of this recording, in a spontaneous outburst. It was in response to his first `live listening′ encounter with the works of the legendary Len “Boogsie” Sharpe as performed by Brooklyn′s Moods Pan Groove on the streets of Brooklyn.

Just Listen!

Brooklyn, NY - This is a special recording by Basement Recordings of the legendary Len "Boogsie" Sharpe's arrangement as played by Moods Pan Groove - 1995.  Over ninety musicians assembled a couple of days on a Brooklyn Street in East New York to deliver this command performance - as they prepare for New York Panorama 1995. The performance was captured with a 24bit digital recorder, one of the very few in the world at that time.

See More

Comment

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Comment by mervyn charles on July 21, 2019 at 4:09pm

D Boss.

Comment by Brenda Hosang on March 18, 2019 at 7:03am

Thank you for this beautiful piece of music. 

Now, can you post the music of Silhouettes playing High Mas arranged by Boogsie.  Another top class performance. 

Brenda h. 

Comment by Ken T Fortune on April 16, 2014 at 12:01am

Boogsie and Moods at their best.First hand info for that year.

Comment by Eye4Pan on March 21, 2014 at 10:20pm

What a wonderful piece of music... hardcore to yuh jaw... we got disrespected that year with 5th place... smh

Comment by Sherwin Campbell on January 15, 2012 at 11:31pm

I can't remember which band won that year but if Moods did not win then I really want to hear the band that did. That was Boogsie at the top of his game. The 24bit digital recorder really brought out the sweetness of the tune.

Comment by Bertel Gittens on January 11, 2012 at 9:46am

Nice, Boogsie is BOSS

Comment by charlotte on October 28, 2011 at 7:00pm
oh that is a greattttttt sound!!x
Comment by Cutty Marchan on November 28, 2010 at 1:24pm
Boogsie- Happy belated birthday! I hope we could link up in the future. I hope to be back in Trinidad next year October. I will check you then. Cutty
Comment by Sundiata Samoury King on November 18, 2010 at 11:32pm
BOOGSIE!!!!!!
Comment by Yarbey on October 31, 2010 at 1:25pm
Another good New York panorama rendition if Basements Recordings has a copy is "Bachanal Time" by Super Blue, arranged by Boogsie for Moods Pan Groove

Comment by Maria Hernandez on October 31, 2010 at 7:55am
This is A very nice recording.
Great arrangement.
Maria.
Comment by ed cee on October 30, 2010 at 8:41pm
happy birthday boogsie. may god grant you continued good health and prosperity all around.
Comment by Keithley Greene on October 30, 2010 at 4:24pm
Every additional day of life is a source for thanksgiving. Every additional year of life is a source for rejoice. Stay well and keep the Master First. Best regards to you Boogsie Sharpe on your birthday From Keithley and family. Respect!!!
Comment by Patrick F Joseph on October 28, 2010 at 11:39pm
Happy Birthday Boogsie! May God continue to Bless you and give you the health and strength to give us more of your music. You are gifted. We all are proud of you. By the way, I am P J from Rhapsody in Arima. Rhapsody Steel and Brass. I have to call you one day to invite you to do a 'BOOGSIE' for our Band. It would be an honour to have a couple of your arrangements in iur repertoire. We have to make a lime in ARIMA. We can go by Castro's/Living room. Enjoy your Birthday Boogsie.
Comment by Yarbey on October 28, 2010 at 11:04pm
People didn't know that this song could played for panorama. That's how creative Boogsie and Bradley are. They make anything into a panorama rendition. Those were the days.
Comment by kambiri de suza on October 28, 2010 at 3:16pm
happy birthday boogsie may you continue to recieve good music and be able to express it always you're the best god has chosen well love always kambiri
Comment by Helen Judith Kelshall on October 28, 2010 at 2:47pm
Class is class
Comment by Andre' Durity on October 28, 2010 at 2:33pm
Congrats Boogsie, this is Hollis Durity son, Andre'.
Comment by devon peter stoute on October 28, 2010 at 2:03pm
I remember playing this song. those were good times. Shout out to my old fellow panmen at Moods pangroove.
Comment by VALENTINE YOUNG on October 28, 2010 at 1:59pm
Happy Birthday Boogsie. You are a very special gift to us the people of T&T and we thank, Almighty God for giving us a gifted soul as you. May you continue to marvel us with your special ability to make the whole world a better place with your wonderful music. In this lifetime there would never be another Len 'Boogsie' Sharpe. May Almighty God our Creator extend your life with good health and happiness. We are all proud of you and thank you for the music.

Comment by CURTIS WILLIAMS on October 28, 2010 at 1:36pm
B Sharp is always doing something that no one will do, that is keeping on top of his music and I like to give credit to the panmen of Moods
Comment by Mr.Vybes on October 28, 2010 at 10:35am
Boosie Enjoying his Birthday Pan Style right now in de pan yard (lol)....Pan music to send chill right up your spine,from the Genius himself.
Comment by Tony Blackman on October 28, 2010 at 9:15am
Happy Birthday.........as usual great pan music...NY Panorama and j'ouvert is missing one of its main ingredients, the real time works of LB Sharpe
Comment by panwoman59 on October 28, 2010 at 9:01am
Here we go again: PLEASE GET THE VOICE TAG OFF THIS MUSIC if you really want to honor it and Boogsie.
Comment by syncopators on October 28, 2010 at 9:01am
Boogsie is our most prolific arranger since the late Master Clive Bradley. His music is modern and innovative with a touch of jazz. Every year I look forward to hearing his music. Happy Birthday to U Boogsie.
Comment by Ephraim Serrette on October 28, 2010 at 9:00am
Happy Birthday to the Great One! Thank you for all the great music. Keep up the excellent work and looking forward to 2011. May consider playing again after the historic win in 2005 by 20 points.
Comment by lennie tyson on October 28, 2010 at 8:56am
Greetings in the name of the most high and may he continue to bless you with good health and creative energy for many more years Happy B'DAY SHARPE
Clydey from moods greetings my friend
From Lennie ( STRETCH ) Tyson
Comment by Shawn Thwaites on October 28, 2010 at 8:05am
Happy Birthday B#! This was my first time playing with Sharpe and it was great way to be introduce.
Comment by Cosmos George on October 28, 2010 at 1:29am
Happy Birthday and Long liive the Great One!
Thanks for all that good music throughout the years. We love it. Keep it coming
Comment by Pan Times on October 28, 2010 at 12:49am
A special big up to all the pan folks who played on this recording and the management of Moods Pan Groove.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –