When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

So which 10 of the 15 LARGE STEELBANDS are going to make the FINALS?

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Claude,

Nice pick..  was talking to myself, then I saw your last spot.   oh yes....

Brenda H.

People remember Invaders was the highest score in the west... 4th place in finals, beat all the  west bands !!!!

INVADERS INSIDE PEOPLE...

Sandra: Yuh have REAL PAN (INVADERS) PASSION!!! And I have always RESPECTED PEOPLE WITH PASSION!!!

So YOU and I GOOD!!!

Skiffle will make my ten...

THREE BANDS playing "INSIDE THE FESTIVAL" -- seems like ONE must GET THROUGH!!!

Your guess is as good as mine. Who's judging?

What I'd really like to know is why have Tokyo found it necessary to drop to the small band category?

After 1 time is 2 time

So it look like all of these picks are based on “  favoritism “

not arrangments, because I haven’t heard any of these bands tune of choice,

i know it’s all fun , but that is Pan Injustice,,,   All bands should have their moment

Before we say who in and who out ... I want to hear them first, I love Pan to much 

to  deprive those bands of the moment ...or maybe this is how the judges pick too??

Favoritism ‘mmmm...

Miguel: Let us look at it from the other end of the spectrum!!! Suppose these were the 10 BANDS (below) that made the finals -- how many people do you think will show up for the PANORAMA FINALS?

FAVORITISM is a FACT OF LIFE!!!

Favoritism is a fact that is true , in competitions , food. And people , 

but it is generally after you get a taste of what is  presented , as you asked, 

if these ten bands were picked , how many people will show up, well partner 

that is a different topic all together ( attendance and  favoritism ) different things...

panorama attendance goes like this “ a few hundred for pan yard judging then a few thousand 

for the pan on De greens north and grand stands pack and the greens with the party vibe happening

and then final night with the true supporters... final night vibes were killed by , things that I can’t explain,,

and I can say this because of the many years of either playing or a supporter on the side ... 

No body know how many people will attend, but if the bodies that control the thing , put out the adds 

to attract a crowd then people will come out but if they leave it up to hear say then final night will only see true supporters of Pan ..

And that  number is unknown ?

Bands are chosen by arranger  and popularity which is seldom wrong, we could call it whatever we want.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service