Replies

• George Rampersad: Everybody waiting on you to come and defend the first point in your argument. Is ah DISCUSSION FORUM -- so come back and DISCUSS, nah.

But none ah dem PROXIMITES that you countered with ever claimed to be THE WORLD GOVERNING BODY of NUTTEN!!!

PAN TRINBAGO has told THE WORLD for decades that they are THE WORLD GOVERNING BODY OF PAN ....

• LATIN AMERICAN MUSIC INFLUENCED BY AFRICAN MUSIC

Reggae is a Jamaican sound dominated by bass guitar and drums. It refers to a particular music style that was strongly influenced by traditional mento and calypso music, as well as American jazz, and rhythm and blues.

No More Trouble - CATCH A FIRE - Jazz Jamaica All Stars

Excerpt from the sold-out Queen Elizabeth Hall, London show on 24 October 2012 of Jazz Jamaica All Stars' astonishing CATCH A FIRE tribute to Bob Marley & The Wailers with strings section from Urban Soul Orchestra, vocalist Brinsley Forde and an 85-voice Southbank Centre VoiceLab community choir.

JUST A CARNIVAL
    Written and performed by David Rudder

Wild orchid ending scene

• The Moors ruled Spain, and controlled greater Europe from there, for 700 years. The Moors were African Muslims, Spanish music is African music.

• Lilian, the Moors also ruled Portugal and from your logic Portugal's music has to be African music.

But Portugal ruled Goa for 450 years.

Therefore  Portuguese music, that is  is African music  influenced the Goans, hence the music in Goa has to be African.

Not so?

• A.L. Nunes: Intuitively, I have the most respect for you in the world -- but LIFE and SOCIETY do not PROGRESS in STRAIGHT LINES!!!

•  "Spanish music is African music."

Whhhhat!!

• Do your research A.L. Nunes

Spanish music is indeed African music. This not something that is up for debate.

bugs

• I have.

And until you can prove to me that Spanish music is African music, I contend your assertion and Lilian's are both wrong.

Perhaps you are mixing up Spanish music with Latin American music which is clearly influenced by African music. 

• Despite the proximity of Spain to Africa - Spanish music never took off in Africa...

Despite the proximity of Germany to France - German food never took off in France...

Despite the proximity of Cuba to Jamaica - Salsa never took off in Jamaica...

Despite the proximity of Tobago to Trinidad - goat race never took off in Trinidad

So it make yuh wonder wha dem fresh water yankee tinkin when dey arksin dem kinda dotish queshtun...

This reply was deleted.