Steelbands that " buss" on stage

I was told that in the history of  Panorama, there were actually three    steelbands that "buss" on stage. I'm not sure if this was on the final night or in the Prelims. Can anyone name the bands, the year and the tune they were playing ?

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think I also remember either Amboys from Belmont or was it Flamingos whose rhythm section kept play after the tune was done. Sorry can't remember the year.

• Sun Valley from Point Fortin buss  playing "San Fernando Carnival" at Skinner Park.

•  In East Zone  preliminaries this year 2013 Sforzata used a soft cute intooductory count.  Under the stress of competition it seems that everyone did not hear the count.  They buss on the startup and started again, played really well thereafter, but lost anyway.

• Panasonic Connection buss in a prelims at skinners park some years ago as well. Cant remember the year or the song, but Clive Bradley did the music. I played that year.. ........ but its all good. lol

• OK... so let me ask you this, once you "buss" do you still get judged or is the band automatically disqualified .

• Good question, before today I would have said disqualified, I have doubts since you ask the question. I will put this question to you all,  lets say this band played 7mins. of excellent music and amass a lot of points and buss in the last minute and no other band made as much points as they did what will be the out come?.

• They will not be disqualified, but will lose a lot of points for an apparent buss - therefore will not win unless all the their rivals also mess up or perform really more poorly than they did. (It's comparable to when a gymnast at a competition falls and loses a lot of points. The unfortunate gymnast still has a slight chance if rivals also make blunders.)

• Good analogy Yolanda, you just prove that a band could buss and still win.

• "Radoes" (Bradley) "buss" in NY and still came third. If a band does not finish their piece, they should automatically be disqualified.

• Silver Stars buss in 1969 playing Kitchener's "69."

This reply was deleted.