Lebanon - Double second steelpan musician Shawn Thwaites and his wife vocalist Sabreen Thwaites have been away from US shores since December 2008. The talented duo has been delighting audiences as they already have back home, but this time around while touring Lebanon. Their main performances have been delivered in the cabaret-style setting of the “Music Hall” - one of the biggest and best known venues located in the center of Lebanon’s capital, Beirut. Interestingly, Sabreen herself previously graced that stage back in 2008, but as part of the world famous Harlem Gospel Choir. In celebration of Women’s month in March, the Thwaites also performed for the United States Ambassador to Lebanon, Michele J. Sison, at the US Embassy in Beirut. click for more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mr and Mrs. Thwaites, looks very professional, We pray that they will continue and do very well with their singing/steel drums careers. May G'd Bless this beautiful couple.
  • Keep up the good work.
  • Congratulations Mr. Thwaites. Keep up the great work you are doing.

bugs
  • where can i hear what you do. anything on the net, utube? cd's fore sale? I play double seconds too. Thanks
    David
    • myspace.com/shawnthwaites

I also have some Youtube clips you can search by my name.
  • HI shawn & Sabreen Keep up the blessed work
    Kenneth Clarke
    • Thank you Kenneth, I have to make a trip to Trini to hang after this trip.

love you,

Shawn Thwaites
  • Nice one. The folks from the Oasis Youth Steel Orchestra of Newark, New Jersey are proud of all the Thwaites' accomplishments and their association with the Oasis Youth Steel Orchestra. http://www.panonthenet.com/articles/nj/oasis2005.htm

if i aint got you.MPG

• Thank you Oasis we need to do some more work in the future. Please keep intouch and say Hello from myself and Sabreen.
  • Good job. I last saw you proformed with tha Trin- Jersey Youth Group a few years ago. You and your wife,continue with your journey
This reply was deleted.