Stewart out for Panorama 3-peat in 2020

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -  Duvone Stewart, who has led the BPTT Renegades Steel Orchestra to back-to-back national Panorama titles in 2018 and 2019, is looking forward to 2020, and going after the three-peat in Panorama wins.

....Questioned about his extensive travel this year, Stewart said it is a part of his career which started in 2002, with an invitation from Mokhtar El-Mokhtari, head of the University of Nantes, France who wanted steelband and Sterwart’s master classes at the university and El-Mokhtari’s band Calyps’ Atlantik.

Stewart said his Panorama successes were like an advertisement for foreign work.

“I have been very determined, very, very persistent in making and creating the brand Duvone Stewart to become the face of the instrument where I can become the flagship of the new generation that goes forward with instruments, and then on the educational side, where I could go about teaching, doing master classes and lectures and workshops."

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Black Stalin - One Tune Pan Man

• “I could imagine a scenario in which T&T orchestral arrangers (and other influences) establish a forum for ongoing orchestral dialogue, education and performance opportunities with enormous benefits culturally and economically within T&T and beyond.” Grafton Spooner

The question remains...Do PANORAMA arrangers SEE themselves as ORCHESTRAL arrangers???

This is the mind-set that can determine your true WORTH and VALUE.

Andy Narell spoke of this many decades ago…@ 1:51 https://youtu.be/szmjTgmYM5o

• say it again odw

The question remains...Do PANORAMA arrangers SEE themselves as ORCHESTRAL arrangers???

• Bugs...Do panists see themselves as "orchestral" players?...

• They should because that is what they are. Real Talk!!!

• #XII In The Works, Renegades will be coming strong in 2020, count on it!!!2707782186?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Duvone done win LARGE and TOBAGO already. The judges like that style of CLASSICAL CALYPSO -- even though it is CARNIVAL SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

• Mr. Stewart, as an ex-pat, I am so proud of your achievements and much more so, I am impressed with your focus on excellence and your commitment to act as a role model in using your talent and experience in guiding others to a better place. You are in a position of influence within T&T to strategically explore the possibility of establishing a local association of orchestral arrangers. Such an organization would have the potential benefit of advancing and elevating T&T orchestration far beyond the narrow annual local panorama competition with tremendous appeal to a much wider global audience, the impact of which is unimaginable. Mr. Stewart, your influence internationally is significant and could be a foretaste of what lies ahead for others as well, if only T&T orchestral leadership could find a way to move beyond a competitive focus to embrace a more cooperative/collaborative approach. I could imagine a scenario in which T&T orchestral arrangers (and other influences) establish a forum for ongoing orchestral dialogue, education and performance opportunities with enormous benefits culturally and economically within T&T and beyond. I offer the suggestion that you consider adopting a longer view by thinking about your legacy in terms of the use of your achievements to inspire others to pursue a higher calling. I wish you continued success in your musical career, may God forever keep you in his blessings and favour.

• Excellent. However, not to diminish the importance of what you've so rightly said, we all know that visions take a lot of financial support. I am very much surprised that Mr Stewart haven't established a foundation and use the triple crown titles of the 2019 panorama (the first time in the history of this event) to cut a CD with the three winning performances, and market it throughout the pan world to help support his future endeavours. That's how things get done and he has the ideal opportunity right now. All that's needed is the collaboration of the three bodies representing the organizations and their legal releases to put things in motion. I do hope this article gets to him and at least, he would give it some thought. Opportunities like doesn't come by very often. Take advantage of this one Mr. Stewart, and may you continue to thank almighty God at all times for this magnificent talent. 

• Rick Mathews: YOU MADE MY DAY!!!

I am always asking on THIS FORUM for a GREATEST PANORAMA HITS CD or some kind of recorded PAN MUSIC that could be sold internationally. Having read this article this morning -- I have been thinking along the same lines as you all day.  But I just did not want to disturb "the waters of joy" as I tend to do everyday on THIS FORUM.

Rick: you saved my PAN SANITY!!! And that is a BRILLIANT IDEA -- producing that CD with his PANORAMA WINNING HITS. And he should throw in an ORIGINAL COMPOSITION for good measure and the LONG SHOT chance of a GLOBAL HIT which could really generate a lot of revenue.

Thanks for that POSTING!!!

This reply was deleted.