Thank you Carifesta for uniting the pan fraternity

Newsday  -- John Henry

Thank you, Carifesta, for having united TT’s pan fraternity in a spectacular way. In this regard, the Government, Pan Trinbago and the national community may wish to do some soul searching and take action.

What better time for Pan Trinbago and all pan lovers to demand of the Minister of Culture that pan – the instrument – be granted the same legal status as the National Steel Orchestra and Pan Trinbago, both of which were established through acts of Parliament.

According to the Heritage Library, “apart from the steel pan being declared the national instrument by prime minister Patrick Manning in his 1992 Independence Day address to the nation, we could not locate any Hansard records of it being established by an act of Parliament.”

What better time for Pan Trinbago to start paying specific attention to two concrete atrocities – or tombstones – that are an insult to pan, pannists and the national community?

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Makes sense to me.

• "What better time for the national community to totally disregard and discredit any technological replication of the sound of pan on synthesisers or on hand-held tablets"

The VILLAGE MENTALITY will always RULE THE DAY in PAN -- down IN THE MECCA!!!

• He doesn't speak for ALL of us Claude...You should know that too?

• Mr merrytones to the bone, that opinion certainly doesn't represent my views. I wouldn't justify that "rum shop talk" (or more likely a backyard lime in de valley) with a response.

• Much ado about nothing in my view...Without going in to detail let me express my appreciation for the pan app. I have had first hand experience of relying on it in a tight situation...

• merrytonestothebone: You know that EVERYBODY HATE ME and I manage to make ONE FRIEND in the whole of the PAN WORLD (RUSSELL PROVIDENCE) and now you come and JOINING Up with the man to NEUTRALIZE ME.

TECHNOLOGY RULES THE WORLD!!!

This reply was deleted.