CBS

It all started with an adrenaline-pumping zip line over the turquoise waters of Macqueripe Bay back in 2018. Now two years later, the world is getting another chance to see T&T's cultural and environmental splendour on CBS's reality game show, The Amazing Race. 

Season 32 of the long-running show will premiere on October 14. Minister of Trade and Industry Paula Gopee-Scoon announced that episode 1 which was shot in T&T, will feature the cultural aspects such as steel pan, carnival costumes and goat racing in locations that include Exodus Pan Yard, Nylon Pool, Pigeon Point Heritage Park, Castara and the Buccoo Goat Racing Facility.

In a virtual media conference on Tuesday, Gopee-Scoon said the production crew shot the scenes in November 2018, employing approximately 310 locals and spent $1,915,000 filming on location.

See More

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• David Rudder - Welcome To Trinidad

• Tobago & Trinidad has had a respectable share of films on location, including a few "reality" tv shows, here, there and everywhere, over the years.  We have lots to offfer and share with the world.

• We AGREE ON THAT, Andre -- but when are we going to STEP UP and DELIVER IT OURSELVES?

• When we evolve and stop the infighting and quarrelsomeness and embrace more solidarity for our nation's aspirations and development.  The foreign interest demonstrates there is a commercial and marketing regard that can be a useful springboard, not so...

• CULTURAL GENIUS  EXPAT RESPONSE!!!

• Trinidad FILM PRODUCERS could do PLENTY BETTER THAN CBS ... and the VIRTUAL CARNIVAL could charge PLENTY MORE than $117,871 for a 30-second spot.

• Another Day in Paradise

• From another point of view.

That $2M TT investment is chump change compared to what they made off this premiere episode?

According to entertainment magazine, E-Online, The Amazing Race averages about 10 million viewers per season.

HOW TO WATCH THE AMAZING RACE LIVE:

The Amazing Race airs on CBS so your best live stream option is CBS All Access. All-Access is available for as little as $5.99 (or a $9.99 commercial-free option), but fans hoping to watch The Amazing Race for free can sign up for a seven-day free trial of the service.

Depending on your location, you can also access a CBS live stream with an active subscription to fuboTV, YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, or AT&T TV NOW.

The ad rate for The Amazing Race is $117,871 for a 30-second spot.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2018/10/network-reality-sh...

• Thank you for posting this.  November 2018  seems like an eternity ago.  I am so glad it was done back then. From my past experience with these production ppl the papers you gotta read and the contract to be signed... i am glad everything came off so good. 

My granddaughter was a Food Chopped Teen Champion and I was in NYC... and there was taping and all sorts of television details to be done to their specifications.  And then to wait for the show to air b4 you could talk about it.  What a emotional time that was.  

Anyone who wants to criticize a show needs to be there in the midst of things b4 one can make a judgement.

I have read many comments on news media so this explanation i gave is to say that if now my grandson has to go through that as his achievement in life I will go through the same thing again.

As long as you understand your contract  no one has the right to put in their 2 cents... but offer support.

Brenda H.

This reply was deleted.