When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

The bomb tunes of the 60s was one of the high points of the Steelband thus far, we have moved so far from that it's hard to visualize that there was such a period.

What have we done to the steelband in the name of progress.

Glenroy, odw, Val please take us back with some of the bomb tunes from this period on this snow filled Tuesday, lets show young people where the steelband went back in the day.

Views: 6448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Starlift Steel Orch. Sonata in C

Starlift Steel Orch Orpheus In Hades

Star Lift have some of the best non classic bomb tunes, like Porgy and Bess, I Feel Pretty, Penny Lane, Admiral Halsey [Uncle Albert] to name a few.

Gerard, go ahead and list the best thirty three, maybe we could make this the best collection of bomb tunes, and share lyrics about all who had to run after the drop dey bomb.

poet and peasants by Gay flamingoes,

i remember Sonata in C i played that tune with CitySyncopators with kelvi hart and kennyhary 2 great panmen from City Syncopaters, nice tue
t

"Salut d'amour" by Silver Stars Steel Orchestra

Salut d'amour I believe have the record for the longest stay of a pan tune on the Hit Parade in T&T.

odw, thank you for you input in this topic, it could just end up as the greatest collection bomb tunes in WST Forum.

Cecil: When Gregory Lindsay take over PAN TRINBAGO you should contact him and get the rights to produce a GREATEST HITS BOMB TUNE CD. And at the same time you could get the rights to 12 PANORAMA SONGS and we could set up a website and market the two CDs for starters.

Whatever anybody says, I know that there is a market for PAN MUSIC.

There was a man named KEN LAWRENCE who had STEELBANDS playing all over California from the SEVENTIES and he sold THOUSANDS of PAN TAPES. And Andy Narell produced two CDs for the OUR BOYS back in the early nineties here in the Bay Area at Fantasy Records Studio and those CDs sold TENS OF THOUSANDS of copies over the years.

I still can't understand why there is such little focus and thought into making and selling some decent PAN MUSIC. I have seen enough first hand to know that if produced and marketed right -- THERE IS A MARKET for PAN MUSIC WORLDWIDE.

Yes indeed my brother. Iagree with you 100%.

There are a lot of good stories pertaining the the bomb tune J'ouvert morning, if you have one please share.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service