THE BOMB TUNE

The bomb tunes of the 60s was one of the high points of the Steelband thus far, we have moved so far from that it's hard to visualize that there was such a period.

What have we done to the steelband in the name of progress.

Glenroy, odw, Val please take us back with some of the bomb tunes from this period on this snow filled Tuesday, lets show young people where the steelband went back in the day.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What was important about the Bomb is, it was judged on the road with supporters enjoying the "spirit" of the steelband.

• As Nappy said....BRING BACK THE OLD TIME DAYS..........

• In the case of the steelband, bringing back the old time days might not be as difficult as it may seem.

• Gerard 8 hours on the road Monday afternoon, Steelband Street Party and Bomb competition is a good place to start.

• Kenneth Williams, Invaders also played "DRINK" from the movie A Student Prince, I can't remember if they also played SERENADE from the same movie, but it was played.

• Pan Am played 'Valencia' that year. I believe Starlift played Hallelujah Chorus.
      • Trinidad All Stars "Folk Medley" and If I Were A Rich man" from  " fiddler on the Roof" arranged by Jerry Jemmott.

• I will say now that I am happy that this topic began, and even happier to see so many comments that I have learned from. Now that my eyes are opened, I can say that 2018 onwards would be something you can look forward to....At least from the silver stars steel Orchestra. It's time for the level to rise once again to the prestige that was once there.

Blessings!
    • Marcus, young people like yourself have the task of bringing the Steelband as close as possible to how it was or making it better.

• Another Invaders offering: A Spoonful of Sugar from Mary Poppins

This reply was deleted.