When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

The bomb tunes of the 60s was one of the high points of the Steelband thus far, we have moved so far from that it's hard to visualize that there was such a period.

What have we done to the steelband in the name of progress.

Glenroy, odw, Val please take us back with some of the bomb tunes from this period on this snow filled Tuesday, lets show young people where the steelband went back in the day.

Views: 6580

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Invaders Also was Not Easy when it Came to Bomb Tunes.

People, if you had to name about 3 of the non classical bomb tunes of all time what would they be?

SILVER STARS: THE BEST EVER!!!

Aye Claude you have a strong contender. they really had some good non classical tunes

City Symphony playing "The Barber of Serville". , with Cordelle Barber aka Spongy, and Eddie king, on Double Tenor, ,,, it was a Chilly jorvert morning everthing was still, if ah Pin drop you could hear it, just between Afong shopp and Green corner, , no prizez only bragging rights, bli that morning ah wantet to tahe ah Shitbut i t , held it till laater, i couldnt stop to shit the music was too sweet to stop, ,, ask any Town man they will tell you

ask any Town man bout that tune The Barberof Serville  by City Symphony    in the early 60's

Bede: I met SPONGY out here in San Francisco back in the early eighties!!! He stayed here for a while and then he went to Houston or some place like that. Heard he had a stroke at some point but have not heard much more lately because his main buddies are all DEAD!

yea Claude , he is in in Austin Texas, you met a great Panist "Spongy, 

ah lot of people didnt like him because he use to Brag a lok but he could bach it up

Yeh! He was VERY FULL OF HIMSELF. But that is a problem that I could understand -- LOL!!!

Cecil boy, bomb tune in the 60's was it with many classics from a lot of bands. Today is "scratch bomb tune" Too many to mention the best three,if it was the best thirty thee I would list lol. Val can post two good ones Sonata in C and Orpheus in Hades.

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service