Replies

• Caspar  Durantits the quad is the same way like the Double Tenor Arangers dont arange the Double tenors the way it meant to be,  Alto, and Counter melody  ,  they but then agiin the tuners dont make DoubleTenos like it should  with a different tone  , only Bertei mashall and Wallace Austin  , and they are gone ,  God bless ther Soul  o    the Arrangers ignor the Quadss,    t

• Hey BEDE, I beg to differ a bit, the inventor of the Double tenor, Percy "lizard" Thomas, of Katenjammers in 1956, Rupert "shadow" Nathaniel of Symphonettes in 1957, Dave La Barrie Nutrien Playboys of Henry Street Port of Spain 1961, Herman "rock" Johnston from Pan Am to West Side, D tenor and Triple tenor or "Echophone" 1963, designed from Pan Am triple cellos, u know, u played them BEDE, and Bertie Marshall of Forsyte Hy landers in1964 , and remember, Bertie had to amplify his pans to get it to sound like the others, when there's were natural, and Bertie was NOT, the 1st to amplify pan, "Tripoli" in 1957 and Nutrien Playboys in 1961.. and as for the Quadrophonics,, it came from Anthony Williams in 1968, the Quad Cellos, and it was I, who took it to the U.S. in 1972 in Boston, with Pan Am North Stars Phase II, for the first Boston Panorama and Carnival,, and then to NY, at the corner of Brooklyn and Atlantic, where Rudolph Charles first saw it, and in 1976 it was alleged that Bertie and Rudolph Charles invented the Quadrophonics, the Quadrophonics was here since 1968...

• AS FAR AS TE dOUBLE TENORS bERTIE AND wALACE AUSTIN MASTERED THEM ,

• BEDE, Happy B/Day to U man, didn't know U is, a GEMINI, I also have a daughter that is a GEMINI June 4th, again I beg to differ, Wallace yes, in 1962 as "Rock" was tuning the tenors under Tony, remember the old phrase "piano pan serve North Stars well" ? when I met Wallace at a friend of ours home in St James, he ask me what we were doing on them pans man? I replied "octave tuning man octave tuning", that's when U deliberately tune the upper note into the lower note, a high A into the low one into the lower one, as physics will disclose, when the octave is perfectly tuned, the tone or note doubles, sometimes even triple in volume, in other words, when U hit one note all three of them is coming at U, Wallace uses what Tony taught "Rock and myself", Wallace do not need to amplify his pans to bring the quality out, Bertie does...

• JJJ, U da man to correct the his- story. Glad you mention "Shadow" he is seldom talk about in these conversations, he just dropped out of it, I remember him making the double tenor in 57 I lived two houses from the pan yard, I also remember Zoozie making pans in the yard, fond memories.

• CH, then I suppose to know U man...

• CH, remember Sherman Fyfe ? we were in "Mr. Dotten, Augustin, and Castillo" classes, in TRANQUILITY BOY'S together, sometimes after school we would pass through "Invaders & Cross Fire pan yards, when Cross Fire was on Benarie Street" the late Reggie, use to give us small tin's of "FRECO" when they sponsored Crossfire?

• JJJ Sure I remember Sherman Fyfe, I'm seeing him now in he short pants going to school. Freco, Freco for me, yuh know nuff men shit they pants from eating too much. You remember Epitone Tonic wine, those were nice days with Cross Fire, I remember the year they played Cane Cutters guys had real cutlass cutting cane.

• JJJ: Yuh suppose to be writing the book, instead you liming on the forum. You should get a small tape recorder and some tapes and start taping all your knowledge about THE ERA. Yuh eh see dem YANKEE ethnomusicologists who never ever even been to PORT-OF-SPAIN writing all kinda historical books on PAN.

Come on man, get serious and start putting that book together. Of course men go say he doh know what he talking bout -- but Cecil done agree to be your witness.

This reply was deleted.