The Legacy of Clive Bradley

Published on Jan 23, 2017
THE LEGACY OF CLIVE BRADLEY AND DESPERADOES -
A METRONOMIC TIC OF ‘CABALISTIC’ PAN MUSIC
Clive Bradley (4th November 1936 - 26th November 2005) was an idiosyncratic, enigmatic, erratic but pragmatic musician and arranger who meandered mercurially through the corridors of life, leaving in his wake a contour not unlike that of the great Mississippi River.
Bradley never played Pan, his instrument was the piano; yet he meticulously developed a synergistic relationship with the hypnotic, charismatic Desperadoes at the summit of Laventille that spawned a bitter-sweet saga spanning four decades. Together they earned acclaim and respect from the steelband fraternity of Trinidad & Tobago, the Diaspora and beyond, winning the coveted title of Panorama Champions on six ecstatic occasions.
Being an educator, Bradley would have endorsed the Sanch online Pan in Education and mentorship programmes for Desperadoes to become globally-competitive music industry professionals. This opportunity will be provided through collaboration with the Ministry of Education, the ministry of community development, bmobile, UWIAATT and Arthur Lok Jack to celebrate his legacy.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ha Ha! Old age never comes alone.

I was reading this article and decided to check my collection. What do you know I obviously bought it but never even opened the packaging both discs were still sealed..

So its Christmas all over again.

Beautiful music. Well recorded.

Now what would be nice (great even) if someone found the recording of Despers' Mama Dis Is Mas! from 1964.

Come on people find it!

• "to become globally-competitive music industry professionals"

That clause tickles my PAN SENSIBILITIES.

• It's really too bad there are no Sanch recordings of Desperadoes in their pan yard after Bradley came back 1999-2005.

This reply was deleted.