The Most Valuable College Majors, ranked

For the study, Bankrate looked at the median incomes and unemployment rates of people based on which bachelor’s degree they obtained in college. We also factored in how many people in each group obtained a higher degree, such as a master’s degree or doctoral degree, knowing additional schooling typically requires more time and money. Full details on our methodology can be found below.

https://www.bankrate.com/career/most-valuable-college-majors/

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does having a college degree make you "educated"?

Didier Champion

Energy Engineer, Veteran, Data Analyst.

Nope! Not at all!

An expensive piece of paper does not make you educated.

What makes you educated is;

1. The critical thinking and ability to analyze problems and come up with logical solutions.
    2. The quality of knowledge and skills that you hopefully get in college. However, beyond memorizing facts and concepts, what makes you truly educated is:
      1. The ability to keep learning as you progress in your career. Being a lifetime learner doing what you love doing.
      2. The ability to learn how to learn, learn how to think, and reason.

If you finish college, and you don’t have the above qualifications, you got screwed big time. The good news is that it is never too late to reflect on your past experience and shape up your future.

I have met some of the dumbest people who claim to be educated, solely on the basis of acquiring a college degree; but in reality, they are the least educated. It sounds harsh and mean, I am very sorry to say! But it is true!

This reply was deleted.