personally, after the 1969 Panorama, I have NEVER heard a good panorama tune played since, after Panam North Stars, Guinness Cavaliers, Witco Desperadoes, Solo Harmonites, and Angostura Starlift, to this day, panorama music has rapidly deteriorated, to Density and or Noise, don't forget me wrong or misunderstand me fellars, I'm speaking about MUSIC guy's, MUSIC not jumping up and dancing, but the MUSICAL STRUCTURE OF IT ALL, intro, verse and chorus, changing keys, counter melody's etc etc etc...

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jordano,I have to laugh. You handed me a call card identifying yourself as a tuner and offered to help and I said the band would not allow it. Again you are lying and trying to impress the forum. 1976 I was nowhere around pan tuning and was out of the country when that unfortunate fire took place. The last sentence in your reply shows the need for a psychologist to prescribe Zoloft for your use. It will help you. We don't want to lose such a "knowledgable" all round panman on this forum, as we need you around to come back and tell us when next you hear a good panorama tune.

• That's because they/your clients don't know any better, and O, did U forget giving me a hammer to help U blend a cello pan U was having trouble with??? look, I won't bother wasting my time with U Clarke, JUST LEARN TOO TUNE THE DAMN PAN'S RIGHT,  Anthony Williams was, one hundred years ahead of his time, and he was also right about U guy's all along JEALOUSY, and I won't be suprise a bit that U, had a hand in the burning down of the "Princess Building" in 1976 where our/north stars pan's was stored...

• Looks like its time to PAUSE for a CAUSE... as Shadow would say ease de TENSION.

• odw, you are a Gentleman.

• Baron - Soca Pan Tuner

• Jordano, I have always said Anthony Williams was 30 years ahead of his time and I have him as the greatest. I also do well with ex Pan Am members. You are a talker impressionist and do nothing. What have you tuned over the years? You could not even get past the intro in a panorama tune when you came by our band. My clients are happy with my work and this has been so for years, of course we will all have detractors. Tell the forum what you have done for tuning over the last few years instead of siting by the newspaper stand on the Western Main Rd. Your beef with me is the fact that you came by Starlift looking for an arranger's job and yes, i was the one who told them to RUN YOU and waste no time. Let the forum read your CV. I won't be wasting any more time reading your nonsense. The foreigners may be impressed but not the locals. So because you say there were no good panorama tunes after 1969 we have to accept that!!? Maybe I should have done like other forum writers and read it, steups and don't respond.

• lol….mout' open…story jump out…lol...

• merrytones, ah was tinkin of playin pan wid Star lift next year but ah fraid Gerard make dem run meh out the yard, ah was ah shit hong back in the 60s when I played with them and ah still ah shit hong today, see if yuh cud put in a word for meh.  lolol

• Nah nah…stay by Starlift…we too small for you anyway…just doh try to tune no pan for dem…lol...

• Merrytones: You and Gerard Clarke beating up on meh good good pardner JJJ. Ah eh have nothing to say to allyuh two fellahs again. That is the only man on the forum who call me "AMIGO" and Lord knows I need some friends on this forum with my generic ANTI-PAN view!!! I thought yuh was a nice fellah MERRYTONES -- until today.

This reply was deleted.