The New Visionaries Pan Foundation

In July 2012 two members of the Executive of Pan Trinbago, Beverly Ramsey-Moore, Assistant Secretary and Keith Simpson, Trustee, resigned from their elected positions. The reasons surrounding their decision to resign were made public and as reported in the Daily Newspapers, cited issues of Transparency and Integrity. The President of Pan Trinbago warned that people must be careful otherwise litigation would follow. He then promised to reveal all at a meeting carded for Sunday July 14th 2012 at the Scherzando Pan Theatre, Curepe. The two issues highlighted were [1] the Africa T and T Steelpan Development Co. Ltd., which ended in utter confusion and from all appearances has come crashing down. This initiative was done without the authorization of the Executive of Pan Trinbago [2] the payment of over $420M for the fencing of the Greens for Panorama 2012. Again this was a decision made without the knowledge of the Executive of Pan Trinbago. Also at the meeting of July 14th 2012, the Vice President of Pan Trinbago when questioned on this payment stated that it represented “architectural fees”. The NCC whose responsibility it is for the Savannah had previously published in the daily newspapers the physical layout and infrastructure related to the Greens.

With the impending AGM [Annual General Meeting] and Triennial Convention [Election of Central Executive Officers], constitutionally due in October 2012, a decision was made by a few individuals to challenge the Executive of Pan Trinbago for the said elections, under the banner of the New Visionaries Pan Foundation. Pan Trinbago via its Secretary then attempted to block four members from participating in the elections. The matter went to the High Court where Pan Trinbago did not challenge the matter from Keith Simpson. The Learned Judge ruled that Denise Hernandez and Keith Simpson had won their respective matters and were therefore eligible to participate in the elections. Pan Trinbago however appealed the decision and the matter is to be finalized in the Court of Appeal on November 25th 2013.

Pan Trinbago’s claim against Denise Hernandez was the fact that her band Neal & Massy Trinidad All Stars Steel Orchestra was not financial at the time nominations closed. During the evidence given at the High Court hearing it was highlighted that Pan Trinbago as an organization does not pay monies due to its member bands on time. Usually the payments for assistance/appearance fees are paid months after. We note, and as agreed upon by Pan Trinbago on the stand that the nomination papers for one of its present Executive Members was submitted after the deadline date.

In publicly tendering their resignations, citing their reasons for their actions, from the Central Executive of Pan Trinbago, Beverly Ramsey-Moore and Keith Simpson has made history. Other Executive members have remained notwithstanding the inefficiencies of the organization.

As a group, we held meetings in the various zones of Pan Trinbago. Our legal representative, Senior Counsel Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj was present to fully explain the intricacies of the court matter at the meeting held at the Silver Stars pan yard, where the entire pan movement was invited to attend. Those attending got a better understanding of the case. We undertook this legal matter since we believe that there can be vast improvements in the running of the organization, which would garner the deserving respect of our pan men and women. In addition it would appear that Corporate Trinidad and Tobago, is no longer willing to provide sponsorship of some of our premier and memorable pan events e.g. Pan Down Memory Lane, Pan in the 21st Century, Pan Parang.

The New Visionaries Pan Foundation remains committed to the pan men and women of Trinidad and Tobago and the world at large. The President of Pan Trinbago stated in an interview published in the Express Newspaper on November 1st 2009, that “pan will make more money than oil”. Presently it would appear that the wheels of Pan Trinbago need to be greased as the Pan Factory has not been producing pans to generate any substantial revenue. Recently NP donated their drum making equipment to Pan Trinbago to assist in generating revenue via the production of the National Instrument; however this project has not yet taken off. The promise to join the TTMA [Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers Association] does not appear to have materialized: neither has the Pan Lottery, which was promised at the last AGM to start in January 2013.
Promises! Promises! Promises! And more Promises!

Pan Trinbago needs a breath of fresh air – this can only be provided by people who are whole-heartedly committed towards the development of the organization, the pan men and women, thereby creating an organization that will be respected not only nationally, regionally but also internationally.

The New Visionaries Pan Foundation will need the support of not only the member bands of the organization but also the individual pan men and pan women of Trinidad and Tobago to assist in moving the organization to higher heights.

When Steel Talks Info 13-11-28.docx

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is Panicle part of the NV movement or apart? https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/topics/panicle-set-to-boost-st...
    • Andre,

I just came across your question, I don't know the answer but Ithink that will be good move for both parties.

The New Visionaries are too laid back to draw swords against Diaz but with George on board Diaz vacation will have to end. George is a fighter and this is what the New Visionaries need.

• The more I read this, the MORE respect I have for the New Visionaries, Ms. Beverly Ramsey-Moore, and Mr. Keith Simpson. What a courageous stance! I really look forward to the opportunity to sitting with them and sharing ideas. They seem to be on the right path. By all accounts, the courts ruled against Pan Trinbago, and to stall time, they appealed a decision they KNOW will be upheld in the higher court. I trust that DUE PROCESS, will take its natural course.

This case is a perfect study in constitutional law, and should serve as a reference for any and every citizen, who may question their individual power in a society of laws that follow the British "Common Law" system. Prior to that, monarchs and royalty in Britain, were the "judges, jurors, and (in many cases) executioners". Again, the knowledge of your constitutional rights, is akin to playing a game, with a knowledge of the "rules" of the game.

The New Visionaries and their competent attorney, both understand the Constitution of Trinidad and Tobago, and that is why they knew that they could have defected from Pan Trinbago, and organize their own steelband meetings. This is recent history, so I know that we can also hold our own steelband town hall meeting, and NO ONE, the Respondent in this case (Pan Trinbago) included, can stop us. Thankfully, we are a nation of laws. GREAT JOB, New Visionaries!!!

Ghost.

• It is with a feeling of gratitude that i express a hearty thank you to members of the of the When Steel Talk family for all the comments, suggestions and observations made to team New Visionaries. I want to reassure you that we will never Surrender. As leader of the team i am fully committed to the struggle of taking Pantrinbago by its bootstraps, with members of the team, who have already demonstrated their willingness to put self before financial gain and transform  it into a respectable, modern, twenty first century Organization . A Pantrinbago that will not only focus on Competitions and other events but will also concentrate on developing the following: Its Human Capital,  the sacred spaces - our Pan yards, Businesses, Marketing and Promotions -locally , regionally and internationally, and other areas which we will be discuss at another time.

Through our eyes of tomorrow we see Pan as a billion dollar industry and with the correct amendment to our  constitution, the Visionaries, once given an opportunity to serve will ensure that the pan constituency is no more hewers of wood and drawers of water in a land of plenty. Without a vision the people perish and at present there is an urgent need to rescue the perishing. We have responded to the call. We are doing this for the love of the instrument and in recognition of the the blood, sweat and tears of the pioneers. That is why the members of team New Visionaries denied self and has spent over three hundred thousand dollars of our personal funds to challenge the ugliness that is showing itself in Pantrinbago at present.

Stand and Fight with us. 

In my next post you will learn much more and for my brothers who are missing  me i will be challenging you to come forward with all your ideas and suggestions for the way forward. 

Stand and be Counted.

• Ms Beverly   R  Moore on WST  there is No SINGLE PERSON that has produced a tangible and constructive I would say Agenda/for the Steelpan including the constitutional intricasies,,only The Ghost,,,PHANT'TUM,,,,,THE   BLUEPRINT FOR THE STEELPANS/STEELBANDS...now further with all of the discussions having had on this website accusing Pantrinbago ,,NOT ONE SINGLE TIME HAVE THEY EVER RESPONDED BY SAYING THAT THE FACTS OR THINGS STATED ARENT TRUE,,,,ONLY AND ONLY WHEN ONE OF THE    MEMBERS / Executive  WAS  REDICULED   THERE  WAS A PROMPT REACTION,,,The Truth...there are well learned persons on WST that has many great ideas for the upliftment of the PAN,,The Old  Oil Drum ,converted into a master piece for a Musical Instrument,,,,the ball is in the court of the New Visionaries to bring about change and bettement for those whom had been neglected since Noah had built his Ark,, respect to all WST members.God Bless.

• Ms Ramsey,where can one find the New Visioniares "Mission Statement" or an "Action Plan"?

Regards

• Ms. Ramsey-Moore, on behalf of the George "Sonny" Goddard Legacy, I, George David Goddard (Ghost), would like to personally extend our extreme gratitude for your courage to face "Goliath", and your grace to address the members of When Steel Talks. When I first came on to WST, I did not know what to expect. The owners and moderators of this forum, have shown that they are not willing to silence the voices of those who have (historical) emotional attachments to the steelbands, and not just the instrument. 

I can assure you, that you will have my support, as you embark on this battle to return the association to a culture of accountability and responsible governance. I am humbled to learn that your team considers my ideas toward that goal as being credible and noteworthy,, and you may reach out to me if there is anything that I can do to assist you in any way. Many may not know, but I have a team which includes my mother and my brothers. I am the "sacrificial lamb" of the Goddard family, but make NO mistake, I have their support, and they are VERY influential in Trinidad and Tobago, especially on the "grassroots" level.

Speaking of "grassroots", I hope you also see the importance of defending the drive to take away the instrument from it's past (Carnival, Panorama, and "bands" on the streets) and the people who gave us the instrument. And we ALL know what they look like and where they live. That drive, to remove the instrument from the "band" of (mainly) poor, uneducated or under-educated, underprivileged Black people, and re-position it in the "orchestra" of the "privileged" "educated" and "entitled". They further intend to threaten the future of the instrument itself, claiming that the steel drum/pan is perishable; that it has met it's shelf life, and the age of the "electronic pan" is here.

I also hope that you are not afraid to look at the impact that race and class has to do with the challenges facing the steelbands of Trinidad and Tobago. While I have tried to address those influences, others have attempted to paint me as a racist. Anyone who knows me and knows the Goddard family, will know where we stand on those issues. Like my dad, I am fiercely defensive of country, people and culture, and we are both known to be not as "diplomatic" as many would prefer. However, when you look at the facts, you will get a sense of whether both my dad and I were in defense of ourselves and our selfish desires, or whether we were (and I am) in defense of those not related to us; the everyday panman and panwoman of Trinidad and Tobago. It becomes offensive when certain WST members are allowed to libel and discredit our names, and NO ONE speaks up and/or speaks out and tell them that they cannot do that.You may use "code words" and "religious" reasons for posting racially-insensitive comments, as long as you do not "cuss" or use "racial epithets". In the "Blueprint", I specifically addressed the issues of various forms of discrimination, something that I have NEVER yet seen anyone else affiliated in the "Steelband Movement" do. Yet, the illiterate and envious mind, think it can project its own racist pathology. For the RECORD, like my dad, I stand in defense of ALL panmen and panwomen, regardless of our differences. I have posted the most-informative videos on WST, dealing with the issues of race and class, including gender discrimination.

I admit to being Afrocentric, and the illiterate and envious mind, tries to align that with promoting racial superiority. Like the Indo-Trinbagonain, who can hold on to Indian culture (religion, names, musis, foods, etc.) and not be considered "racist", I also have that right to hold on to my African and African-influenced traditions (including the steel drum/pan), and not be considered "racist". This double-standard in Trinidad and Tobago society favours one and marginalizes and discriminates against the other. ANY fairly-decent and "civilized" person would know that. So, when a person or people have had enough, and display anger over the unequal treatment, they are branded by that society as "mad", "dangerous", "uncivilized", "savage", "angry", "outcast", and "rebel". 

Finally, as my dad warned me, I would also like to warn you to beware of the serpents and Judases. Beware of those caught up in "celebrity", for they will quickly change their positions in order to juxtapose next to you. Of course, there are those who have already sentenced you to failure, and claim that Diaz is a "MASTER POLITICIAN". Then there are those who claim that "America is the place for pan to be headquartered...", and as such, being in Trinidad and Tobago, you are already disqualified to do the job. With "forked tongue", they then claim to be "patriotic", forgetting that patriotism is the belief in one's country and one's countrymen and countrywomen. So, again, I advise you to err on the side of caution, when the "friends" start showing up. As I say in my ancient African Kemmitic language, "Shem Em Hotep"...May you go (forward) in peace.

George D. Goddard / Ghost Who Talks.

• Beverly it is welcome seeing your comment. Keep WST forum involved in this INJUSTICE by the current PanTrinbago Executive, they are running scared...

Claude, Diaz is not slowing the process down. The Appeal which was carded to be heard on Monday 25th November, 2013, was put of for a date to be fixed. "On Sunday 1st November, 2013 this is the Headline on the TT daily Newspapers - NO PAY FOR DELINQUENT JUDGES - Penalty for failing to deliver timely judgement" - we have to keep the PRESSURE on TT Judges via facebook, twitter WST to stop pussyfooting with the judgement.

The 11 years eye-sore unfinished PanTrinbago Headquarters on Churchill Roosevelt Highway and the amendment of PanTrinbago constitution will be an ISSUE in the 2015 General Election...Stay Tuned..

• Mrs Ramsey Moore,

It's nice of you to visit us here on WST, it says a lot about you as a leader, you have a lot of support here, now it up to you all to tap into it.

• EXPOSING ANOTHER OF STEVE "SIDD" TAYLOR'S PATHOLOGICAL LIES: 

"Almost everything that you have written are taken into consideration by our Group." Trevor Emanuel Cooper of the New Visionaries, on the writings of George D Goddard (The "Ghost" on When Steel Talks.)

Thanks, Mr. Cooper; I am deeply humbled and honored to be of service to my country and culture. I wish you and the New Visionaries all the success in your upcoming battles. If there is ANYTHING I can do, please do not hesitate to call on me. I am prepared, willing and fully able, and sincerely look forward to working with you. Please extend my warmest regards to Ms. Beverly Ramsey-Moore. More Power To The Pan People!

And the envious hater claims that no one responds to me. The FACT is NO ONE who is ANYONE responds to him. That is why the New Visionaries, like WST, consider me as being credible, while they pay him NO attention, whatsoever! That is the source of his hate and jealously, and he has NO other agenda on WST, but to try and destroy the Ghost; wishing me all kinds of ill-fated things, that we KNOW, God only reverses right back to him. I am protected by the MOST HIGH, and though I walk through this valley of the shadow of death, I will continue to fear NO evil, for God's rod and staff they comfort me. Selah.

Ras (Prince) George David Goddard, B.A. Cum Laude.

Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks. Honoring The Legacy Of George "Sonny" Goddard. (And, yes; he would be cussin' now too. Ask those who knew him.)

This reply was deleted.