The Renegades Revolution

If he nipped an extra year of drought, it did not make a difference because of the debilitating politics of Pan Trinbago and the National Carnival Commission (NCC) which deprived the legendary steelband, one of the oldest in the country, of its million dollars in prize money until the end of the year...

Chronicles of a Panorama

by Sharmain Baboolal

The victory did not turn into a national celebration either. Not even for the social work that kept a lid on turf wars around the band until the Panorama was over.

One year later, having raised the bar for his generation of music arrangers, the 42-year-old is proving that he is truly in a league of his own, now that he finally grasped the baton that was held out to him since 2012. And now that the Renegades, whose trademark is loyalty, laid to rest its late arranger, Dr. Jit Samaroo.

He’s bubbling with excitement, too. And now embarks on the journey to create his “dynasty as a champion arranger.”

But, he knows- and willingly accepts- that “it’s gonna be a very competitive stance going forward because a new crop of arrangers and musicians have embarked on a journey where they can become what they want to be, in their own sphere”.

Read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What a sight. Unrestrained moment in reverence to Almighty God. Count me in fellas, I'm with you.
  • Renegades - Hookin Meh

2019 Steelband Panorama Large Band Semi Finals

This reply was deleted.