I was happy to see that KEITH DIAZ showed up to pay his respects to CURTIS PIERRE.

In general, I thought that the MEDIA COVERAGE was scant and very little appreciation was expressed for the GREAT CONTRIBUTION that CURTIS PIERRE made to the WORLD OF PAN

CURTIS PIERRE expanded the PLAYING FIELD for PAN at a crucial juncture in its development and social acceptance. That contribution cannot be QUANTIFIED, so many may choose to see it as NOTHING more than a drop in the bucket -- for reasons that are obvious to objective observers of the society and STEELBAND MOVEMENT.

But I am sure that KEITH DIAZ saw the THE BIG PICTURE and showed up to pay his respects to one of the GREATEST CONTRIBUTORS to the STEELBAND MOVEMENT -- CURTIS PIERRE.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He will be remembered by me.  I am a former member of Dixieland( 1953 -1956)   RIP Curtis.  respectively  Charles Assevero, Plano, Texas.    Email:-   Charles.a@sbcglobal.net 

• A good man is dead.. Condolences to the family. I apologize for the lack of civility  in the discourse. Case clothes.

• I totally agree with Lenox Borel.  Charles Assevero, Plano, Texas.    

• Right on, Charles.

• Render your heart and not your garment.

Curtis would gave been proud of Mr. Diaz’ presence regardless of his attire.

• Looking at the picture and assuming he is the person speaking to Mr Forteau, I think a suit would have the most respectful attire for the day!

• Sorry madam.

In defense of Mr. Diaz's attire, I find it necessary to correct your error.

Expecting anyone, ANYONE, to wear a coat and tie in the blazing sun at 35 degrees celsius (95 for Mr. Gonzales et al) is brutal and unreasonable. We don't show respect AT FUNERALS by what we wear.

I consider your inert desire comparable to seeing a British lady in her favorite cotton dress at an outdoor event IN THE HEIGHT OF THE WINTER - MINUS

1. scarf,
      2. boots,
      3. mittens,
      4. ear muffs
      5. long johns
      6. gloves,
      7. a jumper
      8. a coat,
      9. hat
      10. thick woolen socks
      11. and whatever else is needed to be properly attired to be keep warm in the winter.

It is a misconception that men in the tropics must be attired in a coat (jacket) and tie to be considered properly dressed, that is ARCHAIC, COLONIAL, BACKWARD. 

It is not impossible to conclude that the way the descendants of slaves (I/ME/WE) dress in former tropical British colonies, has nothing to do with being appropriate, as much as it has to do with a culture that we/I, the descendant of slaves were forced to adopt. Our dress in large (like our names), is our inheritance from slavery.

P.S.

I suspect that it may not be Mr. Forteau, as much as it may be Mr. Serette.

• Russell:  I understand your logic in respect of the weather.  I stand corrected!

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL

• I did not mean it that way madam, and I apologize for being rough on the edges. Please forgive me if my diction came across as abrasive, it is not meant to be. My only intent is to share my honest opinion with you.  

This reply was deleted.