The Did you know of the Olympics

Did you know that T&T was the first country in the western hemisphere to win gold in javelin at the olympics .................. Excellent

Did you know that The Tourism Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago(TDC) had a T&T  village at the Olympics promoting T&T ................... very good

Did you know that Mungal patassar & friends and orange Sky(a local rock group) were used in the village to showcase T&T culture ................... good

Did you know that no pan was used in the village despite pan being the best promoter of this country and the only thing we invented that has been accepted internationally ................POOR.

somebody please tell me I'm wrong

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Catt is right. There was a steel band at the London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony. It was Nostalgia Steel Band. We were just behing the Windrush, and Mohogany Mass Band. However, the BBC choose not to give us any TV coverage on the day. A shame, but we had no control of the air waves.

Lionel, Nostalgia steel band

• i forgot to add that there WAS a steelband in the opening ceremonies....  i didn't see it on the Tv coverage, but they were in the section celebrating Carnival, right behind the big boat, going around the track in the stadium... one of our own WST members was in this band, as part of the volunteers who participated in the opening ceremony....  she posted a video clip of it on her FB page.

so - someone on the Olympic planning committee had on THEIR thinking cap  ... and if THEY saw fit to include pan in the MAIN Olympic celebration, that makes it even more lame and pathetic that there was no pan in the TnT village self.

• Ghost, I was replying to Keith Byer statement.

• No problem. I was replying to yours about Pan Trinbago. Hotep (Peace).

Ghost.

• Shame on you Keith, you were once the VP of Pan Trinbago and all kind of events around the world were taking place and there were no steel bands.

• No, Curtis. Shame on those who can't see what Diaz is going on. No disrespect, bro. 

Ghost.

• Over a year later, do you think it is time to revisit and build on the "Blueprint"? Be true to your consciences, and understand, this is NOT about me, NOR any one person. This is an attempt for us to begin the process of liberation. Let history record ALL our attitudes, beliefs, opinions, actions, and inaction. I will always give this WST membership the benefit of the doubt, that they are "human", and hoping they understand what that means. YOU are the one, WE'VE been waiting for!!! Get involved in the process. Hotep.

https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/topics/steel-pan-blueprint-for-1

Ghost   

• Pan'tum ,,i said it before and would repeat it for the benefit of the new comers,,,there is no other person on WST that has produced such a Blueprint,, not exempting that of Doc Lance,, with your combination there is a bright furure for all relevant, to the Steelpan movement,so,,,,it,s time for you  to get cracking,,, time for action,,Respect.,,God Bless.

• Thanks, Jerome. I wonder where the two Chiefs and their Indians are. I would think that the newly-formed ATTSDC, would have been there representin' Nigeria. I didn't expect the "world governing body for pan" to be there, because we ALL know they can't even govern a plum. What a set of jokers; time for pan to stop drawing bad card...

Ghost - Who Knows If Pan Was An Indo-Trinidadian "Invention", Pan Would Have Been At The Olympics. Ent?

• TORONTO,, CANADA HIGHLIGHTED STEELPAN, CALYPSO AND MAS AT THE WINTER OLYMPICS, 2010 IN VANCOUVER....

This reply was deleted.