At 11 a.m. tomorrow (August 11th, 2019) the WORLD STEELPAN DAY is going to be LAUNCHED at the PAN TRINBAGO HEADQUARTERS in PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD.

The function would be a simple one. 

Bertel Gittens, as the Chair, would give opening remarks and welcome address.

The President of the Pan Tuners Guild will speak after Bertel Gittens.

The President of Sanch Electronics will be the NEXT SPEAKER.

The President of Pan Trinbago will give the final address after which the floor will be opened for 30 minutes or so.

Light refreshments will be served and the function will not go over 2 hours. 

What is interesting is the direction this event will take in the future -- we expect it to be as far as it is wide. 

All the local bands were invited, and a few foreign bands were showing interest to join with us live as the celebrations proceed.

PAN LOVERS around the world: We encourage you to wear your Pan Tee Shirt and join the celebration where ever you may RESIDE!!!

I would personally like to thank MR. BERTEL GITTENS and MR. SIMEON L. SANDIFORD for SPEARHEADING this MOMENTOUS LAUNCHING. And, of course, I have to thank PAN TRINBAGO and PRESIDENT BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE for facilitating this HISTORIC EVENT which cements TRINIDAD & TOBAGO as THE MECCA OF THE STEELBAND.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Always GOOD to see UNITY in the Pan community no arguments, discussions to UPLIFT... need endorsements from Corporate entities...

International Steelband Foundation

Five of the country's top steel orchestras have come together to help further the steelpan as an industry.

• Thank you Claude Gonzales for your BEST WISHES! I am counting on ALL members of WHEN STEEL TALKS family to hold our Launch Function in mind as we boldly proceed into the unknown. It would not be perfect. It will be challenging. It is worth the work and effort. We welcome your prayers and good thoughts TODAY. We will argue about this event from tomorrow until August 10, 2020. Thanks again Claude. God Bless. 

• Thank you to the management of 'When Steel Talks'. After eight decades of struggle it is befitting that the Steelpan, invented in the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago, can be officially acclaimed as a mainstream instrument by having the eleventh day of August reserved annually to celebrate its existence. 

• CONGRATULATIONS...

This reply was deleted.