Von Martin has produced a very special tribute to Clive Bradley that in addition to highlighting the master's musical brilliance, showcases his social awareness and consciousness, his genius, and his humanity. On behalf of the global steelband community When Steel Talks salutes Von Martin for this production and his availing of it for future generations of musicians to learn of the life and times of master musician and arranger Clive Bradley.

A must listen by any student of Pan and the #steelpan music art form. The late great Pat Bishop speaks on master arranger Clive Bradley. A Von Martin interview...
click to listen

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for your research and support of our culture.

Brenda H.

• Desperadoes Steel Orchestra - "Whap Cocoyea" - Cool-Down Version

• Nu Tones - High Mas HD

• Very fitting tribute - This was so surreal hearing his voice, brought back so many memories, so many memories. Dr Pat elaborated so succinctly on some of the genius that I intimately know so well but never thought of that intellectually. One thing tht's quite noteworthy about Clive as is true of most bonafide geniuses is that as complex as his music was, he was basically a simple and extremely accessible individual with no pretenses and generous to a fault. I most admired how musically vulnerable and at the same time daring and confident he was as a musician. Certainly one of the most important persons I had the good fortune to have called friend.

This reply was deleted.