When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

I would like to congratulate Shemika Charles for her debut on the Ellen Show as the undisputed queen of limbo, She and her family band "Caribbean Extravaganza" Steel band led by Paul Ferrette, son of the late Cyril Diaz have been promoting the culture of T&T all over the world and after holding three Guinness World Records she has succeeded in putting limbo on the international stage.As Trinbagonians we should all encourage the young uprising artists to pursue their goals and let the world know what Trinidad and Tobago is all about...

Views: 564

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Brenda, Yes its cold up here, near to Niagara Falls and all but The warm hearts of the people make up for it.They supported our culture when my brother Paul took a chance and brought steel pan in the area for the first time.  That is what led to our successful journey around the world from S.Korea to Japan and Dubai, and now numerous appearances on national TV leading up to our latest The Ellen DeGeneres show.. There are many similar super talent in T&T the Codringtons are a fine example, My hope for all of them is to be recognized for what they are to the culture of Trinidad and Tobago..

Congratulations to you Shemika for your outstanding drive and achievements especially for being the first person to limbo under a motor car continue flying T&T flag high, may God continue to be with you and your family.

Congrats Shemika, continue to make Trinidad proud, you have excelled greatly, keep it up, the sky is the limit.

Oh Yes. I saw her on Ellen. She was fabulous. Congrats to her on this breakthrough. The faces of the audience told the story that she made a hit. Congrats.

Congrats to the Cyril Diaz family and a band of musicians I have known in Trinidad. Hello Robert (bob) Diaz from your friend Courtney from Trinidad

Hey Courtney, I guess when we met at Dolsingh's lawyer office on St Vincent umty yrs ago we didnt see the eternal connection, even as we appeared on the T&T show on Radio Trinidad's Sunday Serenade.. but here we are still plugging away at what we love most..Lets join together and wish Shemika and all the youths pushing our culture a swift successful journey, whether in Australia or any other part of the world.. Nice hearing from you my long time friend,  Bob...  or as you knew me,  Robert...

Thank you all for your generous responses. As her personal trainer/coach I know how important it is for her to read these complimentary words. .In the beginning I know how hard it was for her at fourteen to ignore pleas from her friends at the mall and to adhere to a grumpy uncle urging her to endure painful exercises in a basement..I think its only the love of the art that enabled me to succeed over peer pressure.. Now as she gives me that "thank you" look I return it with my " I told you so" It wasnt an easy task working with one so young and self opinionated, but love and cooperation from her family made it all succeed.  This is just the beginning, I'm calling all talented trins to climb aboard..

What adds to the excitement is to see acknowledgement from my fellow trinis. In all my travels and experience I am yet to see a more talented lil nation like Trinbago. In that trend a congrats from you guys is like a super star praising a rising star... This means a lot...

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service