When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Trinidad All Stars - 2011 Large Band Conventional Category Champions

Congratulations to Trinidad All Stars - 2011 Large Band Conventional Category 

click for Panorama 2011 Results: Large Band category -http://www.panonthenet.com/tnt/2011/results/2011summaryresults.htm#...

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree that the Valley Harps arrangement was the most interesting of the night. The intro wasn't much but the development of the melody variations was great rhythmically and melodically. I also thought it was ingenious to visit the swing blues feel in middle jam. Good transitions and good key choices. Michelle should be proud. She's got a great voice and feel for pan. I like the arrangers that try new things.

The All Stars had more cliche devices but I love the blend of pans they get in Smooth's arrangements. When all the pans are in harmony you hear the best of each instrument playing at the heart of their range. Powerful sound. As an older pan player, I love seeing a band with alot of "mature" players out jamming the younger kids! LOL

I tried to stay out of this bs but enough is enough All Stars was the best band for the night and all the ignorant fanatics of the other bands this is the highlight of your carnival so keep typing........................p.s try typing 2mil times.

Congratulations to all the winners. Katezenjammers has been consistent right through the competition Congrats Katezenjammers and Valley Harps with a special CONGRATS to the Female arranger you did yourself and the music justice

.CONGRATULATIONS ALL STARS you crept up and passed Phase 11 and Silver Stars and they got a sound thrashing by all. The Nayers the Negative by profession and the thief accusers will all be out today blaming the judges the Pan-Trinbago and any thing that they can find to blame. Most people go to Panorama to hear their band and when that band has played then they leave. Listening is an art especially to music

THEY DO BOOGSIE A REAL INJUSTICE............4TH PLACE.....EVERYONE WITH EARS KNOWS THAT PHASE II WASNT 4TH BY A LONG SHOT.........THE LINEUP SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXODUS, PHASE II, ALL STARS, SILVER STARS, SILVER STARS, DESPERADOES, INVADERS, DELTONES, FONCLAIRE, SOUND SETTERS, AND STARLIFT......THIS IS A REAL INJUSTICE........PHASE II, EXODUS AND RENEGADES SHOULD BOYCOTT THE PANORAMA NEXT YEAR AND WE ALL WOULD SEE IF PANTRINBAGO WOULD HAVE A EVENT WORTH LISTENING TO.

unfortunately the All Stars haters have lots to say, if any one can say their music was not good, they are lying to them selves. Exodus was boring as usual, Phase 11 was good to me did not hear Invaders and silver stars performance was good but not musically better than All Stars in my opinion.

So who vex hard luck, reminds me of all those Manchester Uniters haters just because they have worked hard to where they reach.

Thank U Andrea...Yes Xo played good but..Lost me in his music....Char No offense but yr Band Xo sounded better in prelims...ALL STARS FOREVER...yes i agree with most about the judging in Trinidad & Tobago needs to change (ASAP)...But for all the other times that they ROBBED All Stars where u all saying they Robbed All Stars. NO so..Live with it if u cant do that...Practice Practice Practice..LOL
Congratulations to Trinidad All Stars the 2011 Large Conventional Band Category Champs, God Bless Always to the Members and family's

Is this the First time a Panorama finals band(Silver stars) lost to another band(Trinidad All Stars) playing Their original Compositon(Silver Stars)

actually in 2008 all stars was ahead of silver stars in finals with the same song, "Thunder" which was composed by Pouchet for Silver Stars. The only thing there was that All Stars didnt win. They came 2nd while Silver Stars came 5th.

Time for the competition organizers to share the entire breakdown of the scoring of each judge. We need to know what score each band received from each judge and in all categories. This is the only way to have any kind of conversation while obtaining a basic knowledge of what is expected of each steel band. I believe the pan public wants to learn much more about the scoring. Time for transparency.

I agree totally. This call has been made for decades now. The judges' identities though must, in my view, remain anonymous. Judge 1, 2, 3, 4 or A, B, C, D would suffice.

Had this system been in place especially this year, everyone would have had the opportunity to scrutinize the semi-finals score sheets and draw their own conclusions after having seen the allocation of marks and read the remarks, after having listened themselves to the performances.

I won't hold my breath though for that could infuse fear of possible 'people power'. 'Tis better to be safe than sorry.  So, remain in the comfort zone shielded with confidentiality.  

yes my allstars came through boy!!! congrats man......but how silverstars even come in de top three,the second and thirs place should of went to Phase,Fonclaire,or Despers.....but ALLSTARS!! number one

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service