The T & T Govt' need to make Carnival Monday "Steelband day" so we can save the Steelbands in Trinidad & Tobago. Make it a Law that there will be no Big Boom Boxes/ Speakers on those Big Trucks on that day, and the Police need to enforce the Law. The only Music on the road on Carnival Monday will be the Steelband. Please, Please, T & T help us, help our National Instruments, "The Steel Pan". The Government are the only ones that can save the "Steelbands".

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree 100%! But, what criteria was/is used to make pan our national instrument??? Is it because "we" say so???

• My Brothers. With All Due Respect To You All. As I have said Before. Times Has Changed It May Not Change for the Better But It Have Changed. We Cannot Dwell on How things Were. We Have to Move On. Just as We Moved on From Child hood to Boy hood to Man hood. We all Have Wonderful Memories of Our Youthful Days. The Youths of today Will One Day Grow into to Adult Hood and would also Have Memories of This Present Time. Life is Not Status Quo. Remember Phones with Cords. Now We Have Cell Phones. No one Wants to go Back to the Past. Life is Growth. The Past Cannot Be Reclaimed and We Must Accept that Fact and Move On. We All Enjoyed the Past But Now It's Gone.. Gone..Gone. We Can't Blame Anyone For That. We Just Have to Live in the Present. Peace & Love.
    • Val you are an ex cop so you know about returning to the scene of the crime, why you go back? to see what you can learn, we go back to re access the present so we will know how to move forward.

• My Brothers. With All Due Respect To You All. As  I have Said before. Times Has Changed, it may not have Changed for the Better But it has. We Cannot Dwell on how things were. We Have to Move On. Just as We Moved on From Childhood To Boyhood To Manhood. We All have Wonderful Memories of Our Youthful Days. The Youths of Today will One day grow up into Adulthood also and would have Memories of This Present Time. Life is not Status Quo. We all Can remember Phones with Cords. Now We have Cell Phones. No One wants to go back into the Past.. Life is Growth and We must accept that Reality. The Past Cannot be Reclaimed We must accept that fact and Move One. The Past is Gone... Gone... Gone. We Cant Blame anyone for that. We have to Move on and stop being Selfish.. We just have to Live in the Present until Our Maker Calls us Back Home.   ''Peace & Love''

• In order to fix the present one must return to the point of reference.

• Anthony Corbin....go to the head of the class!!

• Cecil,lots of people will come to the steelband,especially the older ones. Naked women won't help as Trini men are tired of seeing the same obese women year after year with bikini and feathers,the only difference is colour.:-)

• Gerard, people from foreign come to be with the steelband, why the Ministry of Culture can't see that they are responsible for protecting the steelband. We are the Custodians of the Steelpan/Steelband

•  Here's my suggestion,sometimes you have to hit where it hurts the most in pockets/wallets ..

Take away Panorama Finals from the Savannah put the Steelpans on the streets on Carnival Sunday,make Carnival Sunday ""Steelpan Day""...let's see who complains then...

• This is a wonderful idea. How can we push for it to happen?

This reply was deleted.