Newsday January 18, 2020

"Uptown Fascinators Steel Orchestra unseated defending champions TT Defence Force on Friday night at the Queen's Park Savannah in the 2020 National Panorama competition for small bands.

The Tobago-based orchestra wowed the judges with their musical magic during their performance of Winston Soso's I Don't Mind by arranger Ojay Richards.

The final was not witnessed by many paying patrons, some of whom said it was an improvement by the organisers."

That last sentence is interesting!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ALLYUH GET THE POINT?

Ojay says: I DON'T MIND what you do with THE GOVERNMENT BOOTS -- I am going to WHIP YOUR ASS TONIGHT!!!

Allyuh following this TING or NOT?

But ah BLAMING BEVERLEY -- because she should have still PUT DUVONE in FIRST PLACE like I EXPLAINED previously.

Allyuh still do not see THE GLOBAL CHALLENGE FOR PAN!!!

Anyways, THE SAN FRANCISCO FORTY NINERS have a BIG GAME tomorrow -- so I have to COMPARTMENTALIZE meh YANKEENESS with my LOVE FOR THE TRINIDAD CULTURE. So I am going and MEDITATE for the FORTY NINERS TO WIN.

• Duvone get a beat down. But it's all good. He's from Tonago too.

bugs

• Uptown Fascinators - I Don't Mind

Small Band Steelband Panorama Champions 2020

• Thanks odw!!! I silently asked to put up the song.

I will try to see if I CAN LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING.

Hell, I will listen to the whole VERSION just because you put it up!!!

Thanks!!!

• I (Tortuously) listened to the ENTIRE VERSION of this RENDITION of "I DOH MIND" and I have to say that I was SHOCKED at the SLAP IN THE FACE to DUVONE STEWART at 3:31 in the song.

WOW!!! PANORAMA IS REAL WAR!!!

But I cannot say that I DO  NOT LIKE the ARROGANCE and I wish that it was AQUIL ARRINDELL who was doing all this TRINIDAD GALLERYING with his ARRANGEMENT SKILLS!!!

On that BOLDNESS, I have to give OJAY THE WIN!!!

LORD: Duvone must be MAD LIKE HELL!!!

• Ok, Claude, I hope this helps with your analysis.

T&T Defence Force - Boots

Genesis Pan Groove - Doh Back Back

• There has never been a great interest in the small bands final

bugs

This reply was deleted.