Vanessa Headley at Berklee College of MusicSan Fernando, Trinidad, W.I. - Vanessa Headley continues her high-profile rise to music fame with the steelpan instrument as her 'vehicle' of choice. A few weeks ago Headley completed the Five-Week Summer Performance Programme at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, and also won a full-term music scholarship due to her outstanding all-round showing in the programme. In a WST exclusive, Pan Visionary Hollis Clifton caught up with Headley recently for a chat.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I believe that you will be the example for the young people of pan. Your quest for knowledge and your humility will take you a very long way. Please continue to share your knowledge with the ones who are coming up. By your example and your accomplichments they will learn to have a greater respect for this art form. May your efforts be fruitfull.

• Congratulations Vanessa, continue to press on, keep your eyes on the prize, and maintain your humility. May God continue to bless you!
  • Excellent!! Keep on going! You are going to a fantastic school so make the most of it!

• Congratulations to Vanessa, who was also awarded a scholarship from the Music Literacy Trust.  Your talent is truly a blessing, and it is good to witness your growth in music. Congrats to Franka as well, who must be indeed proud.  Mark
  • Congratulations to Vanessa, a truly gifted, talented and extraordinary musician!!!
  • This is the Blessed replacement for the Late and deceased Dr Pat Bishop,,Vanessa your task is to fulfil; your dreams,,,thereby in the long run continuing and laying a solid foundation with respect to the steelpan that is always disrespected by many,,practically and theorically engraving in the minds of the unbelievers and skeptics that  PAN  IS  BEAUTIFULL  ,,OUGHT   TO  AND  MUST  BE  RESPECTED  AND  CHERISHED THE  WORLD  OVER,, a national treasure and god given gift to T&T,   i do hope that other female pannist can follow to suit,,,from my side as an old steelpan player from another country,,,gods blessing to you... 
  • I've been fortunate to watch Vanessa as she grows in and with her music over the years and it has been a pleasure to see her achievements.  Berklee is a logical step and may God's richest blessing continue to envelop her in her endeavours. Go brave girl!

Rudy Thomas

• Congrats Vanessa you are truly talented in the steelpan art-form good luck at Berklee and future endervous!!!!!!!
This reply was deleted.