Replies

•   EXCEPTIONAL GROUP!!!  " MUSICALLY SPEAKING AS A JAZZ PANIST"ANDY NARELL" IS IN A CLASS BY HIMSELF... IF HE WANT'S  TOO COMPETE IN OUR STEELBAND PANORAMA HE WOULD HAVE TOO MAKE THE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENT. CALYPSO IS THE WAY TO GO "ANDY" A TOUCH JAZZ IS ACCEPTABLE!! " AH LOVE THE MUSICAL "TREAT" THAT IS "COFFEE STREET"BUT THAT IS NOT  PANORAMA MUSIC. MAYBE SOME WAY DOWN THE ROAD, BUT CERTAINLY NOT NOW....PEACE

• outstanding as usual

they dont like andy here for panorama

class is class

• Absolutely

• How many tries Andy had at Panorama, did he ever make it to the finals? now don't get me wrong here, his music is beautiful but panorama is ah different can of worms. I would love to see them find a way to show-case Andy style of music with large bands, maybe a bomb tune panorama?

• Skiffle Bunch - Coffee Street

Steelband Panorama Finals 1999 Composer/Arranger: Andy Narell

• Nice, I believe those are the tones of his mentor, Ellie Mannette.  

• Andre: It is a whole GLOBAL BUSINESS HOOKUP. Andy plays Ellie's Pans all around the world and when people inquire about getting a "PAN LIKE THAT" for their children (or whoever) he simply directs them to HIS WEBSITE which in turn links to ELLIE'S website for purchases.

Simple enough!!! I don't know why it is so hard for TRINIDAD (the LAND OF THE STEELBAND) to put a couple groups like this out in the GLOBAL SPHERE. We all know that the DEMAND for the music is there. It just has to be polished and performed by people with the right skill and DIPLOMATIC CHARACTER.

That is why I like SALMON CUPID so much. He is the best PAN DIPLOMAT from Trinidad I have seen so far. Oh hell, I forget that he from CANADA. It goes beyond JUST PLAYING THE PAN.

• I am aware that Salo and Andy met to discuss sampling Ellie's tones into the Double Seconds where the notes can be custom-arrayed to the individuals "comfort-style".  Andy also expressed a keen interest in the e-volving e-pan six-bass.  Not sure where the mission-project landed.  If they get together, it'll def do something for pan, taking it to an ever higher height.

• Wonderful! Again Steel Orchestras should focus on concerts and not only on Competitions. Solo versatility and stage shows such as these; musical excursions....themes and tributes in Steel combined with others. Supporters should be be eagerly looking forward to be entertained at the highest level, not only for bragging rights but to take its rightful place as any other.
  • And the majority wanted to make his music ....a race thing. He cyar play panorama music and lots of foolishness to follow. His steelpan music is accepted globally.

This reply was deleted.