Replies

• Bugs POV...

• I believe this International competition, the first, gives us an indication that our annual panorama competition would be better supported later in the year. Presently, due to the tight schedule before Ash Wednesday, we all lost zonal competitions, and inherited a lame 'judging in the pan-yards' system. Also international support can never attend the competitions, which I believe are in the hundreds from all over the world.

Glenroy I believe you made a good  contribution to VALENTINE question. Many don't seem to understand, visually the appearance and presentation plays an important part to the steel-band culture. I am not an All Stars fan but if they maintain what they did this year they will continue to win next year.

• The INTERNTIONAL PANORAMA COMPETITION was an ABERRATION. I am not even going to RELIST all the VARIABLES. To suddenly make it the STANDARD of ATTENDANCE for an AUGUST PANORAMA is ABSURD. 

• I learn't that Trinidad and Tobago maybe the mecca of pan, but because of the exports and exploits

other countries, are far more knowledgeable now than ever. making our so-called experts are not on their own.

That Organization of any venture like this one, we must co-opt the best to get the best, we still by the 'Parlour'.

From  judging, staging, advertising, and post mortem, we need help or lacked

In fairness though, I enjoyed the show looking over the shortfalls, from listen to the bands themselves I predicted 4 out the first 7, and could not understand how Pan Elders came 12th.

• Oswald My Bro. As a Pure Lover of the Steelband I have My Opinions Like all other Pure Lovers of the Steelband. I Fully Supported the International Panorama, but did not get into Specifics about who would Win. I have Learnt through the Years that Most Results are Fixed for either All Stars or Phase Two [2] to Win, Hence the Reason I did not Choose anyone. I was totally Right in My Assumption about the Results. If Phase [2] did not Mess up the Results would of Been All Stars - Phase [2]. Pantrinbago is not going to Give away their Baby Panorama to any Foreign Bands. Even the Foreign Judges went Along with the Plan. In My Humble Opinion. The Best Bands that I heard that Night were RENEGADES - BROOKLYN STEEL and PAN ELDERS. But again. What Do I know. ''Peace & Love My Bro Oswald!

• Val when my colleagues and I heard Renegades we were thrilled,we also said that if they had played about 8-9  in the evening they would have won "by miles"...Val as you would know Panorama is not only a "audio" experience but it also include the "seeing" and "feeling de feeling"....yuh know de kind of unexplained vibes ah talking about.....

Glenroy have the ting down nice.

Val,there were a few bands that the judges could have said "they won" and I would said,OK......because there were many good performances.

Lastly if you were the sole judge of the ICP, I am sure Cecil and others would be saying "Val tief"....."he eh know what he doing" ...."he sell out"...."He join de plan".....but whey yuh go do......some body have to judge and some people would always criticize the judging.

• I think what was learned was that when there was a cry of fear that pan was "dead" or "dying" that it was not pan itself as an entity but actually the "Mighty Steel Orchestra" being consumed by competition that was dying but as we all can see now due to the International Panorama... the "Mighty Steel Orchestra" of Trinidad and Tobago is thriving vigorously having offsprings in different corners of the earth and if the ICP can find a way to continue, more and more steel bands will introduce themselves to the pan fraternity strengthening the exsistence of the "Mighty Steel Orchestra" as we have come to know and love it.

More Pan... 

• Eye4Pan: That was a FITTING SUMMARY to this POSTING.

• That, from what I listened and read, while I will always enjoy the art-form and remain a "pan-fan", I was entertained but not exited.
    That, while all opportunities to expose pan to T&T and the world should be explored, this event must be reviewed and all stakeholders consulted to improve future events.
    That, the more things change, the more they tend to remain the same because T&T is easily distracted by "shiny objects", because they like it so to eat ah food, with all the bobbol and commesse rampant at multiple levels of society.
    That, in the politics of pan, things will remain more-or-less the same and real change will not be transparent, unless we have architects to shift to a "New Vision", starting with long overdue free and fair democratic elections.
    Scene...
  • Claude. You are a Wiseman. I Totally Respect You and Your Comments. You are one of the Few Who also Call a Spade a Spade. Love My Bro!

This reply was deleted.