ON OCTOBER 27TH 2013, THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF PAN TRINBAGO WAS HELD AND NO FINANCIAL REPORTS WERE PRESENTED. STEELBANDS WERE ADVISED THEN, THAT THE REASON FOR THESE STATEMENTS NOT PRESENTED, WERE THAT TOBAGO AND THE EASTERN REGIONS DID NOT SUBMIT THEIR RESPECTIVE REPORTS ON TIME.

THE TOBAGO REGION TREASURER STATED THAT THEIR REPORT WAS SUBMITTED, HOWEVER THERE WERE QUESTIONS ABOUT A BUSINESS VENTURE OPERATED BY A PREVIOUS EXECUTIVE BODY.

THE EASTERN REGION CHAIRMAN CONFIRMED THAT THEY SUBMITTED THEIR FINANCIAL REPORT LATE. THE REPORT WAS PRESENTED ON JUNE 30TH 2013, THREE MONTHS AFTER THE DEADLINE.

THE EXECUTIVE OF PAN TRINBAGO PROMISED TO HAVE THEIR FINANCIAL REPORTS READY FOR PRESENTATION TO THE EXECUTIVE THREE WEEKS AFTER THE OCTOBER 27TH AGM. THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED TO DATE.

IT IS OVER 50 DAYS (7 WEEKS) SINCE THE OCTOBER 27th AGM. WE TOOK NOTE ON PAGE 26 OF THE TREASURER’S REPORT, IN THE FINAL LINES, “I AM THEREFORE PLEASED TO LAY ON THE TABLE THE AUDITED ACCOUNTS FOR THE PERIOD UNDER REVIEW.” TO DATE, THERE ARE NO AUDITED OR UNAUDITED ACCOUNTS PRESENTED TO THE BANDS FOR PANORAMA 2013!

IN 2004, THE SOUTHERN REGION OF PAN TRINBAGO COULD NOT SUBMIT ITS FINANCIAL REPORT BEFORE THE DEADLINE DATE. THE CENTRAL EXECUTIVE OF PAN TRINBAGO STILL PRESENTED FINANCIAL AND AUDITED REPORTS AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING, A PRECEDENCE HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED.

IN THE ABSENCE OF THE 2013 FINANCIAL REPORT, WE, THE PANPLAYERS, ARE LEFT WONDERING AS TO THE FINANCIAL POSITION OF OUR ORGANIZATION IN WHICH ALL OUR PANMEN AND PANWOMEN HAVE A VESTED INTEREST.

WITH THE PANORAMA SEASON COMMENCING ON JANUARY 30TH 2014, PAN TRINBAGO SHOULD MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO MEET WITH THEIR AUDITORS AS A MATTER OF URGENY PUBLIC IMPORTANCE, SINCE PANORAMA IS FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. IT WOULD ALSO BE IN THEIR BEST INTEREST ALSO TO ENSURE THAT THE 2013 FINANCIAL STATEMENT IS SUBMITTED TO ALL STEELBANDS BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2013.

IN THE ABSENCE OF A FINANCIAL REPORT FROM PAN TRINBAGO, WE, THE NEW VISIONARIES PAN FOUNDATION, HAVE ATTACHED A FINANCIAL STATEMENT REFLECTING THE POSSIBLE INCOME WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN GENERATED THROUGH THE 2013 PANORAMA EVENTS, WHICH ALSO INCLUDES THE GREENS.

FINALLY WE NOTE THAT PRIZE MONIES FOR THE JUST CONCLUDED 2013 PAN IS BEAUTIFUL COMPETITION HAVE NOT YET BEEN PAID TO SUCCESSFUL BANDS. WE WERE ADVISED THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS NOT ASSISTED, AND NO POSITIVE RESPONSES WERE RECEIVED FROM 42 BUSINESSES WRITTEN TO BY PAN TRINBAGO.

KEITH SIMPSON
DIRECTOR, THE NEW VISIONARIES PAN FOUNDATION.
MANAGER, TRIPOLIANS STEEL ORCHESTRA
FORMER BANK MANAGER

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• #6, Gopaul Avenue Diego Martin

December 20, 2013

Below is some general data on myself:-

Name – Keith John Arthur Simpson
    Address – 6 Gopaul Avenue, Diego Martin – 1974 to present
    Previous address – 32 Patna Street St James - !956 to 1973
    Date of birth – Friday 27th January 1950.
    Place – Sangre Grande.

Education – Mucurapo RC School and Fatima College.
    At Fatima College represented the College in football, colts, second XI and First Eleven, cricket at Colts level, was a member of the St Dominic Choir and the Folk Choir, was a member of Pioneers for two years, member of the stamp club. While in Form V formed was a member of our class combo. Participated in sports in 1967 and 1968, winning medals in the 800, 1,500m races, high jump and relay. Represented the college in the 800M in 1968 in the Interschool sports making it to the finals.

Religion – Roman Catholic, however I have a deep respect for all cultures.

Employment – Scotiabank TT Ltd., Managing Director’s Office,
    Cor. Park and Richmond Street, Port of Spain
    Length of Service – 37 years, April 25th 1975 until January 25th 2013

Last Occupation – Manager, Retail Banking and Small Business, previously Field Auditor, Retail. Spent sometime in the commercial credit area Attended many bank courses and seminars. Was also involved in the training of senior loan officers.

Married - Deanne Simpson, father of 4, grandfather of 5.

Cultural Involvement – Manager – St James Tripolians Steel Orchestra, 1995 to present. Previously Held position of Musical Director, took the band to the Finals of Panorama from 1997 to 2002, when I gave up the post.

Member of the Starlift Steel Orchestra 1979 to present,
    Founding member/secretary and arranger Nestle Ambassadors Steel Orchestra, - 1971 to 1975
    Also performed with Pandemonium, 1980 1981
    Valley Harps, 1983
    Merrytones, 1984
    National Lotteries Third World, 1975 to 1978
    St. James United. 1992 to 1995
    Previously Executive member of the Northern Region of Pan Trinbago. 1992 to 1995
    Trustee – Executive Pan Trinbago elected October 2009 for a three year period, howver resigned July 2012.

Instruments played – piano, organ, cuatro, tassa, rhythm –steel/tumbas etc.

Involved in the annual Hosay commemoration for over 25 years.

Manager- St James Tassa Drummers. 1987 to present

Involved with Belmont Original Stylist Sailors – King Sailor. 1998 to April 2013. We have formed a new King Sailor band Belmont Exotic Stylish Sailors – D’B.E.S.S, I am the Secretary/Treasurer of the organization.

Other interests – reading/archiving of historical/ cultural and current affairs data via the collections of newspaper clippings, cassettes approximately 800, books, magazines, records – mostly pan and calypso some dating back to the 30’s, and video tapes (VHS) approximately 600 comprising daily news item, interviews, . Previously did radio programs on the history of calypso On FM 102.1.

Board member Credo Foundation for Life – run by the Holy Faith Sisters – caters for kids taken off the streets.2003 to present. Reference Sister Robert O’Flaherty

Previously did research work with the Carnival Institute of Trinidad and Tobago led by Pat Bishop.

Committee member Fatima Old Boys Association for over 30 years. Official Historian archivist, Chairman of the Hall of Fame Scholarship committee.

Involved in many Men Who Could Cook functions – speciality curried duck, fish broth, callaloo, dhal, geera shrimp and fish.

Honoured by the St Mary’s R.C. Parish on May 25th 2007 with the Community Service Award “in recognition of your sterling Christian witness and dedication to the local community and the St. Mary’s R.C. Church.”

Nominated for a National Award in 2009.

Honoured by the We Beat organization in 2012 for my contribution to culture, together with Trinidad Rio Calypsonian and Denyse Plummer, calypsonian.

Honoured by Fatima Old Boys on 7th September 2013 for my “Perpetual love and Commitment to Fatima College.

Yours truly,

KEITH J A SIMPSON
    Cell 488 – 5801, 787 7232.

• Hi Keith,

You are a gentleman of class and I appreciate your contribution to the forum and the culture at large. The articles are much easier to read in the revised format you are using. This is a "hug" from me to you for your detailed explanation. You have shown me that you are a better person than me and I thank you very much. This forum needs humble people like you so that we could all grow into a richer experience in the coming new year. A "Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year" also. This goes out to all on the WST forum. :) 

• Merry Christmas, Mike!!!

• Merry Christmas Claude.
    • Keith: With all that CULTURAL CONTRIBUTION I am sure that you must have written a calypso (or two) along the 63 year journey. 

• Excellent material  for identity theft. Too much info by Mr. Simpson.

• Keith, I must know you, as I played with Merrytones in 1984. VERY impressive resume! (Thanks for sharing, and for your full disclosure.) Looking forward to meeting you, sir. Please send me an email at gigi61@bellsouth.net

Ghost.

• APOLOGY TO WHEN STEEL TALK READERS.

I truly wish to apologize to readers on Wheel Steel Talks subsequent to my posting on the site. I am advised that my statement was written in capital letters, was offensive to some readers who suggested that writing in such a matter may suggest “shouting at them”.

This is furthest from the truth as this does not represent the person that I am - I am not a bully, or someone who disrespect persons.

I humbly apologize to readers for this “faux pas” and hope that my apology is accepted.

I have therefore submitted a background to the person that I am so that you may get a better understanding of my character and my commitment to culture and generally to the people of Trinidad and Tobago via the organizations to which I am involved with.

Yours sincerely

Keith J A Simpson

• What a shame! How disgusting! If I did not love Pan, I would never return to a show to support gross misbehaviour!

• Greetings: As a former AssIstant Vice President of Finance and Management, all Income disbursements  statements are in lower case. If we can get pass the emotional statements, this seems to be a case  not only for the auditors to substantiate but for the police to investigate. These alleged acts smells like acts of thievery have been committed. Guidance Dr. Lance Seunarine

This reply was deleted.