Veteran steelpan music song writer and educator Mark Loquan raised the valid question about the lack of information on and visibility -any at all - of the Junior panorama in Trinidad and Tobago. Mr. Loquan has consistently championed music education in schools.

Today was the finals of the Junior Panorama, yet based on the total apparent lack of live media coverage  - certainly online, on any Trinidad & Tobago radio outlet, or tv station - one would never know that.

Every year the coverage of the Junior Panorama has gotten worse.

This is a classic case of mixed-up priorities.There is nothing more important than the youth. In this regard, Pan Trinbago and the Trinidad and Tobago government have failed the youth miserably.

WST

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Dr. Nyan Gadsby-Dolly on your new assignment, this is a WIN for the youths in PAN. Expecting more positive CHANGES.

2019 National Junior Panorama (Secondary School) Competition

Bishop Anstey - Iron Love

El Dorado East Secondary - Iron Love

• Why are we surprised at the treatment of our precious jewels? When a group of our young athletes who were training and are due to represent T+T in an international meet in two months can be chased off the athletic track at the Hasely Crawford Stadium so that workmen can build a stage for a fete; and when the police can close off a road near said stadium (Fitzblackman Drive to be exact)  from 6.30am Mon.28 February because preparations were being made for a fete at the stadium for 8.00pm that same night with no consideration for Goodwill Industries and the hundreds of children with disabilities in their care! Thank God the lady in charge was strong, she kicked up a stink and made them re-open the road.

They say they care about the children of T+T but it is all about the adults, remember the schools panorama was in limbo less  than a month ago.  

• Why haven't Pan Trindago  issued a statement as yet, Where is Mr.Diaz and his members on this one. I await.
  • Rather than change we got exchange
    • And rusty used up old coins for that matter,that is the change we got.
  • Yesterday I searched every Radio station, every TV station and NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,What was important to the the programmers? Foreign crap,Stupid Fetes that we don't want to see, re-runs etc. Nothing Positive.

The Youths of the nation doing something POSITIVE what do they get "DISREPECT" I fed up with this crap.

To the head of Pantrinbago SHAME on you and don't tell me anything about is not we fault.

To the minister of culture 2 million for white olk and water , Crap. Coverage of the schools Panorama was More important and added value to culture. SHAME on you.

To the management of CCMG SHAME on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the minister of Education, the coverage would have cost less that the laptops. SHAME on all of you.

If any of those children were doing anthing negative it would have made all Media. You are saying to the youth that they don't matter and that their positives means nothing to you. SHAME.

• The media and Pantrinbago needs to give the youths a chance for the world to see them also, at the end of the day they are part and future of carnival.
  • This is where the Gypsy should have put the peoples 2 million.  Invest in the young people. Invest in the future.

bugs

• As far as I am concerned, the media and the powers that be still have no respect for pan. None of these so called "culture crazy" advocates were able to bring on the internet the Junior Panorama, or the semi finals of the Single Pan competition. But every where you turned on the net, TV or Radio, you could find one or the other, soca or kaiso competiton. Saturation to the max. I always thought that I came from the land of Steelband and Calypso. Maybe I was dreaming. Spoiler.
  • World governing body of what!!!??? If they are not interested in their own youth music, would they be interested in the diaspora's love for the music?
This reply was deleted.