Replies

• Competition pushes us to excel, so although we respect the other person one must never loose the drive to kick ass. It's awesome when the one who is kickin ass shows humility.

• True very true!! I take my hat off to all arrangers because wow...what a talent and gift to have.
    Pan for Life x
  • Where ever you are in the world,Good morning,good afternoon,good evening, after reading some of the comments so far which are kind and honest, in my opinion I believe as pannists we work damn hard, long hrs, for some of us under difficult circumstances, and also even for free, all that blood sweat and tears for doing what we love, whatever tune, whatever band, so long as pan is playing we are ALL winners
    Leroy Clarke
    #panlove
    • Music is music… Pan is Pan and we all love it. Win; lose or draw, spreading pan to the world is the winner.

• leroy Clarke, it's  nice of you to say what you said but with the steelband we must have a "best" I think this is what makes it what it is.

• Reel steel all the way!!! The arrangement could not have been better!
  • Definitely Real Steel - a larger band may bring more power etc but you've got to look at the arrangement and Real Steels arrangement was top class. Plus...history has been made!!
  • Real Steel all the way!!
  • D'radoes had a distinctive advantage relative to Size. They had over one Hundred Players with a well Arranged Piece that Resonated in the Air. I heard the Three bands. Radoes had Power and Clarity.
  • if there was ever a "REAL" international panorama , along with the winners from places like Antigua , St Lucia , and Grenada , such questions will easily be answered.

I fear however , that may never happen.

Any international  steelband competition in T&T i predict, will probably consist of some international bands (not necessarily the best ) to gave it an "international" flavor , but be dominated by T&T bands.

It will probably be held sometime after the "real " Panorama , and will be seen as secondary , since the real thing had already been decided.

Public support will therefore be lukewarm, and after its over , we'll all be beating up on ourselves about how people don't support steelband unless it's free.

This reply was deleted.