ZANDA! by Dalton Narine

This doctor of Pan goes around dispensing his science of orchestration to PANORAMA LOVERS the world over

by Dalton Narine

Zanda’s knowledge of rhythm, melody and harmony adds to the complexity of a band on the move as it primes itself for yet another Panorama victory

When you meet him, you’re drawn into his world of harmonization.

Suffice to say, he’s from the old school, leading you through the maze of his ideas and intimate knowledge of his craft.

Here he is, falling in love with a readymade song that effectively conveys thought and feeling — his adventures in music stamped as if in concrete.

Music in which inspiration and the expressive will know no bounds and in which, not least, his experience of the Western world reverberates.

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You were absolutely right about Zanda & Despers, Bugs. However, History shows that Final night is an animal you don't want to poke. Some panatics stay in their lane, others simply revel in the music & the excitement. Some just come out to play. The countdown now start. Follow the metronome.
    Dalton Narine.
  • You were absolutely right about Zanda & Despers, Bugs. However, History shows that Final night is an animal you don't want to poke. Some panatics stay in their lane, others simply revel in the music & the excitement. Some just come out to play. The countdown now start. Follow the metronome.
    Dalton Narine.
  • Great story Dalton.

Desperadoes might still shock the pan community in 2019 panorama.

bugs

• If there was a Panorama for pan writing. You would be the.Winner!

• Thank you Lillian. I've been writing Panorama stories for the Guardian and the Express since 1980. Also served as a tenor panist in a champion band at least 24 years. No boast, but I've been writing since I fell in love with a slate at four years old. The love didn't end just so. Following graduation as a magazine editor/writer, then switching to producing, writing and filming documentaries, had become a handsome investment in pop culture ever since I returned home from the war. Much appreciative of your support for the deep appeal and continuing movement of Pan, not we ting anymore, though the instrument has magically cut its teeth in a global explosion of our beloved heritage. Still and all, Pan has yet to reach its peak in Foreign. A valuable investment indeed, our renowned oil drums, tuned and enhanced for the New World. Happy Panorama.

• Lilian, he is de BOSS. He knows of what he speaks, in the likes of Keith Smith and Therese Mills, I’m awaiting his book with this body of work. We are already familiar with his beginnings...

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/09/24/therese-mills-journalist-incarnate/

Hylanders - Mama Dis Is Mas

We all know the STORY of the colonial RULERS...

Mighty Sparrow - Dan Is The Man (In The Van)

Pan Am North Stars - The Mighty Sparrow's "Dan is the Man (in the van)" -Panorama winners 1963

https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/video/pan-am-north-stars-the-mighty...

1107858780?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.