Musashino-City, Tokyo, Japan - Japanese steel pan player Sasaki Kentaro who visited Trinidad and performed with Phase II Pan Groove in 2005, has a passion for Pan, and earlier this month he funneled this passion into what became the festival ‘Pan Love 2012.’ In Japan, he says indeed “there are a few steelpan festivals, but they are more like school recitals.” In part it was this which made him determined to have an alternate platform for Pan in Japan. To get his brainchild off the ground, at the end of 2011 Sasaki got together with fellow musicians, who, like himself play other ‘conventional’ instruments such as the guitar and accordion in addition to Pan, and set about planning the festival.

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Brother's & Sister's I would like to ask a simple question please don't get vex with me.These foreign players that play pan in T&T for panorama do they get pay.?

• Yuh better believe yuh sweet pansticks, they does get pay. Probably before the locals too. Why shouldn't they (get paid)? Question is, who pays for their airfare, lodging, etc.? That would be interesting to find out. I would assume that it's got to be worth it, but then again, I know some people would probably do it for free. Those are the true pan lovers! Hotep (Peace).

GHOST

This reply was deleted.