When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Cut the prize money and pay the players.

Let me make my position clear, I am not against Pan Trinbago because I am Pan Trinbago. I am not against the President of Pan Trinbago because she is now my president. I am not against my executive because they are all my executive members and they have to represent my best interest. I, at this time, don't perceive any of them to be corrupt, and because of this, I will do all in my power to help my organization thrive. However, there is an issue which is affecting the 75 players that I am leading and I am their voice. In the last two years, that voice has grown and players from all over Trinidad and Tobago are expecting me and other CIP members to raise their voices against any oppression towards them. "With great power comes great responsibility", and I intend to say what needs to be said even if it offends my CIP comrades who are now executive members. (Still love them and nothing personal)

I am still hoping that my fellow executive members would call meetings with the membership and let us, the membership, make the decisions on their business and not let outsiders and political friends of the new executive make decisions for us. Before CIP members got into office, the consensus among many of us was, in 2015 with a 30m budget, PT can pay 1m to 1st place band and 1k for every player. Whatever percentage the new budget is reduced by, all moneys to bands and players should be cut at that percentage. For example, it was reported on the newspapers that PT has a 20m budget, that is 1/3 less than the 30m budget for 2015. It would mean that all the moneys given to bands and players would be cut by a 1/3, which means the  

1st place will now be $667,000

and pan players will now get $667

Cutting across the board would allow all to share in toting the burden, opposed to having the small man (pan players) take the full weigh of it. Why, when we reach in a position of power, we find reasons to justify the crucifixion of the small man, for the sins of others. I am asking my president to give the fraternity that motherly touch you boasted of bringing to the organization before being elected. Your actions now are far from motherly and caring. (Still love you, but I need to tell you as it is.)

My president, in case you did not read it the first time, these are the people getting paid after every panorama whilst the members of your organization suffer.

PT executive members

tuners

arrangers

drill masters

drummers

bandleaders

the bar men

vendors

welders

drivers

tent contractors

stage contractors

toilets contractors

porta floors contractors

landscapers

janitors

judges

track stewards

announcers

electricians

plumbers

sound engineers

photographers

videographers

printers

scalpers

private contractors for security personnel

police

fire officers

and catering services, financially benefit. 

My president, none of these people are being called hustlers, and they are all making more than the pan player from just one night of work. The pan players toil for a month and a half and nothing for them. It is definitely a sad time in T&T as the poor man is being continually taken advantage of. This unjust action against pan players is just a reflection of what is presently happening in the country. We are all bandleaders, let us show T&T by example how to treat the small man. Share the burden, come to the membership, give us the power to make our own decisions as you promised before being elected.

Congratulation to the executive members on finding a new home for Pan Trinbago. good work.

Aquil Arrindell

Captain of San City.  

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Lynette Laveau Saxe.

i really appreciate all that was said. 

You're welcome. Your time is now. Let it be known how you want us to support you at home and abroad.

Best wishes and blessings.

Lynette Laveau Saxe

Transformational Success Coach

Host/Producer  of The Callalloo Express Relationships Show.

Look nah...Time long like twine..but de longest rope does have an end. Come in my membership meeting on Sunday at 2pm and talk any kinda outta timing jackass talk, trying to deflect, talk and blame about the last administration, dependency syndrome, de players racket....anything except players 2018 remittance......and OLE MAS will start early....and you know I doh bluff,..and me aint fraid lockup fuh injustice...go and ask Forteau how it does feel to be on the receiving end of the flying chair...Ah go leave it right dey

Ah depending on yuh, Gregory Lindsay!!! Ah hope yuh NOT bluffing, eh!!!

NEVER!....Go and ask de movement if I ever fail to deliver on what I promise

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service