D'Radoes Wins New York 2015 Panorama

Congratulations to D'Radoes on your 2015 New York Panorama championship.

• 1st 469 - D'Radoes
  • 2nd 466 - CASYM
  • 3rd 453 - ADLIB
  • 4th 449 - Crossfire
  • 5th 448 - Sonatas
  • 6th 441 - Despers
  • 7th 438 - Pantonic
  • 8th 430 - Metro
  • 9th 415 - Steel Xplosion
  • 10th 388 - Harmony

click to see more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I viewed the Panorama via PPV.

To those who were there, I ask whether the 16-mark difference between D'Radoes and Adlib was justified.

• AL Nunes, I would say yes, D'radoes out played  Armrit Samaroo with  Adlib, actually  I had Adlib in 6th position, when I saw Adlib came on stage they seems real big, like all the pans would not fit on the stage.

When they started I was expecting the band to be more powerful. They were very good, but certain parts of the tune I did not feel until they got to some nice parts in between.

I was expecting a tie or 2 somewhere since the Music was so high.

My score was (1) Casym or D'radoes, (3) (4) (5) between Crossfire, Pan Sonatas, Pantonics, (6) Adlib, (7) Steel Xplosion, (8) Despers (9) Metro (10) Harmony,      

• I do agree Casym was original and intricate in my book number 1

• Interesting, thanks, Bede

• Is a CD or DVD in the works?

• Congratulations to D'Radoes Steel Orchestra on its back to back Brooklyn Panorama victory. D'Radoes is the only band that placed in the top-three at the last 5 panoramas.

Shout out to the 4 American arrangers, but special kudos to Mr. Kendall Williams for leading Crossfire to 4th place.

Just some more Brooklyn panorama trivia: In 2013 the bands that were in the top-four performed the same tune.

In 2015, the top three bands performed the same tune.

In 2014, D'Radoes became the 14th Steel Orchestra to win panorama in Brooklyn.

Love Peace and Pan 

• I was there last night and I witness the show in its entirety, my opinion of the results: the 1st Prize could have gone either way between D'radoes and Casym, 3rd Prize could have gone to either Andre White with Pantonics or Pan Sonatas then I would place Adlib, Crossfire, 

This NY Panorama 2015 was of a very high standard, I am not sure  if the Judges were qualified to Judge these Bands.

These bands had me off my seat, they played like they were trying to Draw some attention.

Andre White was Confident with Pantonics, music very very tight, and so was Leon Foster with Pan Sonatas, Crossfire was too with Kendall Williams in charge.

A Special prize should be given to Steel Xplosion, this is one of the best time I heard them play.

Please get a DVD of this show and keep in your Music Archive, its worth it, (just my opinion)

• Totally agree Bede ! I was there with a big side from Trinidad and we were totally off our feet . Great show !

• Bede: You reported LIKE AH BOSS!!!

• Thanks Claude, whenever bands are playing and your knees start to knock, your Heart keeps on thumping, you are trying to light a cigarette and it wont light, you take ah sip of Wine and all your shirt is red there is Music in the Air, you have no choice but to pay Attention.

Out of the 10 bands 7 of them were in Control, you hear me? In CONTROL, I haven't hear such Powerful Panorama music in a long time.

They played so well I was thinking to myself, I wonder if these Judges will be  able to do their job Efficiently tonight, I thought we  that we would have at least 2 ties.

I am not a Panorama man, I prefer Music Festival, but I got to have a DVD of this NY Panorama 2015.

these Arrangers were so tight that you would think they were playing for 2 Mil Dollars. Well Done.

This reply was deleted.