When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

...But not only was the show poor in terms of content, it was poor by all other standards as well. The production values were nowhere near where they should be for a show that is supposed to be the pinnacle of the Greatest Show on Earth. Lighting and sound were poor.

Once more, the format proved unentertaining. It was long, loose and baggy. Offensively so.

Perhaps the length of the show was due to how many people sued to get into the finals...

read more

Views: 434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Calypso finals has been getting worse and worse every year..... But, this year was absolutely the WORSE ! In fact, at one time I thought that it was a Calypso Queen Contest......... Except for the few men that were invited ( or picked ) to attend except for Lady Gypsy all the Ladies compositions sounded the SAME ! And, most of them were screaming and out of tune on my end. The Semi Finals in Skinner Park was way, way better and entertaining and quite a large number of them should have been picked instead of that motley crew.... Also, the sound system and Lighting was noting short of atrocious!! Come on my people, this is 2017*********** I have a better view and chat with my friend all the way in Australia than watching a show from my homeland......... Sad to say.

The Calypso finals has been getting worse and worse every year..... But, this year was absolutely the WORSE ! In fact, at one time I thought that it was a Calypso Queen Contest......... Except for the few men that were invited ( or picked ) to attend except for Lady Gypsy all the Ladies compositions sounded the SAME ! And, most of them were screaming and out of tune on my end. The Semi Finals in Skinner Park was way, way better and entertaining and quite a large number of them should have been picked instead of that motley crew.... Also, the sound system and Lighting was noting short of atrocious!! Come on my people, this is 2017*********** I have a better view and chat with my friend all the way in Australia than watching a show from my homeland......... Sad to say.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service