When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Junior Pouchet of Silver Stars Steel Orchestra has passed

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Junior Pouchet founder of Silver Stars Steel Orchestra.

Related content:
Steelband Pioneer & Arranger Junior Pouchet Remembered: Eulogy

Views: 2316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the special memories. Grace, Mercy and Peace to the Pouchet family and loved ones.

I made the choice I would play 'pan' for Carnival, called my dad {Hugh Borde} touring America at the time to inform him, as well as seeking some support for my interest in his chosen career. "I'm beating pan in Third World steelband this Carnival" My cricket club was disappointed with me, but dad only asked his teenage son " How much are they paying you? " "First year beaters don't get pay" was my reply. " Nah  nah nah nah nah..go to Silver Stars and ask for Junior,, tell him I sent you.. This was Junior Pouchet bandleader,storyteller,role model,ambassador of our global Trini footprints, he is a 'National treasure' I wish the 'Maestro' the peace his touch brought us and all the blessings heaven holds, we your family friends and fans will treasure the memories until we meet again to laugh and play as we find the many ways to say.. I Love You. Junior Pouchet..thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am sure the Lord has said to him, "Well done, my good and faithful servant".  RIP dear friend.  Your hard work will never be in vain.  Deepest condolences to his family, friends, Silver Stars and Katzenjammers, from Ken "Professor" Philmore and family. 

My condolences to Mr Pouchet's family and Silver Stars this  is indeed  a sad lost

may  he rest in peace and play  Sweet Pan music in the heavens above

My condolences to the Pouchet family with the passing of Junior. Another GREAT ONE gone.

On behalf of the Board of Directors and Membership of United States Steel Band Association Inc. (USSA) I extend my condolences to the Pouchet family and the Silver Stars family both past and present . Rest in peace Mr. Pouchet.

My condolences to the Pouchet family, Silver Stars and the entire Pan Fraternity on the passing of Junior Pouchet."Junior Pouchet wherever you are Compere....."

My Sincere condolences to the family and friends of Junior Pouchet our thoughts are with you he was a great arranger and built a great band that he leaves as his legacy.

From all of us at EBONY Steel Band.

Pepe Francis.

Yet another of our greats lost but his legacy will live on with us forever.  His musicality and love for the national instrument formed a great marriage that has produced timeless music. Deepest condolences to the Pouchet family and friends. R.I.P Junior - keep pan alive in your continued journey of life. Pan 4 Life.

Condolences to the Pouchet family, as a member of Silver Stars in the 60's, Junior took me under his wings and the rest was history. We enjoyed every second palying with Junior and in 1968 Silver Stars went on a Cruise for 3 months and thats wherer my life started. Thanks Junior, you will always be remembered. when you open your band up there remember us also.R.I.P.

"Jap"

You were a pioneer in bringing 'big mas' in the steel band.  i was a child when I saw Guliver's Travels with Silver Stars, as my big cousins played with you.  An energetic arranger and leader in the Pan World.  Your legend will live on, as you groomed your younger brother Edwin very well.  R.I.P. Junior Pouchet.  Condolences to the Pouchet family from the Kumar family of Belmont.

From my family and me, we forward our condolences to Mr Pouchet's family and Silver Stars. It was one of my blessed experiences working with Maestro Junior Pouchet in the 80s and also with the Silver Stars in the 2000s.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service