When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

The Minister of National Security declared on national TV that whether it is 1 or 3 steelbands, to him, it's the same NOISE.  He says he can't tell the difference.  It hurts when you know the sacrifices and hardwork that pannists undergo to produce good music.  To me that comment is serious and a heavy pounding for pan.  How come everybody is so silent?

Views: 1552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW, Bertel. I did not know that you had all those cojones in you. Boi, I firing Cecil as my best friend on WST right now and I switiching to you, Bertel.

Claude, Cecil is meh real pardner now, we going all over Trini listening to Pan, come nah, yuh still have some time.

(1) Loud or confused or senseless shouting or outcry. When a band plays LOUD, is that NOISE?

So who has a link to enable an informed discussion....having an opinion without the relevant details.....is just NOISE..!

But that's the norm here on When Steel [Ole] Talks

So Noah what brings a "smart-man" like you here?

Time to kill before I go to practice?

Yuh eh easy WS[O]T........but for real....this is like arranging an Intro,a Jam,and an end for a Panorama tune you eh hear as yet.

Well maybe a lot of WST people seeing ghosts... LMAO

JJJJBG

Hello,

It can be suggested that the Minister enrol in Music 101  with special emphasis on the  genre of music and indigenous instrument.  If he has no music appreciation skills, he needs to be more conversant with his communiy of pannists and become familiar with the scale and notes of Trinidad's valuable musical instrument, the STEELPAN.  The music world would do anything to patent and hone this great creation and innovation - the STEELPAN. 

Cheers!

Great creation----no issue. Great innovation------no issue. But noise?? hell yes!..............................sometimes.

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service