When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

My GUESSTIMATE is that about $40,000,000 was SPENT on PANORAMA 2019 -- and what do we have to show for it!!!

That $40,000,000 could have BUILT OUT a massive EVENTS CENTER/HEADQUARTERS which in turn could have generated at least a 10% annual CASH ON CASH (ROI) -- forever and ever ... AMEN!!!

Not to mention all the BENEFITS to the STEELBAND COMMUNITY!!!

2020: THE PAN COMMUNITY BEGGING AGAIN!!!

Well, maybe not!!! 2020 is an ELECTION YEAR so I am sure that the GOVERNMENT HANDOUT might go back up to about $25,000,000 to $30,000,000!!!

Views: 511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CLAUDE GONZALES, YOU HAVE GREAT IDEAS, YOU WILL BE AN ASSET WITH P TB, WHY CAN YOU GIVE THEM YOUR ASSISTANCE,  THAT WIIL BE GOOD FOR PAN,

The pan body has done remarkably well for the time that they had and the events they managed, .nothing but respect congrats to pan trinbago. 

I agree, but same as previous admin, monetary issues aside. No figures yet for 2019.

what we  have to show?

a lot of satisfied business men and women

and a lot of the usual struts

it was  d bess ever

see you next year

628 million dollars of OUR MONEY has been spent on Carnival for the last 3 Rowley years!!!.and what do we have to show to the country as a ROI???..and why was the audit of carnival 2018 on pan trinbago and ncba etc never released..and more importantly as money becomes scarcer and scarcer,, what is going to be the scenario...chaos??..riot...the%20state%20of%20the%20economy%20by%20dr%20Tewarie.jpg

How much billions of dollars d government make in revenue for January and February alone, 4 billion, 5 billion. What is 50/100 million dollars to throw after carnival?

As the saying goes let the jackass  bray , what a pity you can't see beyond your ignorance 

Ok Gonzales 

Earl, Claude has a point here! We don't usually have info on the revenue the country earns at carnival season every year. I am sure that 30 million is just a drop in the bucket they put towards the carnival celebrations. We could spend it more wisely tho.

Look what happening around TRINCITY MALL!!!

Trinidad Express Feb 28th, 2019

The community of Trincity this morning welcomed with excitement the opening of Starbucks, Pizza Hut and a Presto convenience store at the spanking new Trincity Plaza, located opposite Trincity Mall.

Read More

BEVERLEY and BERTEL GITTENS and MARCUS ASH should THINK BIG and pursue the HIGHEST AND BEST USE of that VACANT LAND.

Beverley like to BOAST!!! That would be something to BOAST ABOUT for the rest of her life.

But it has to be more than a HEADQUARTERS -- it has to be an EVENTS CENTER bringing in money DAILY.

PAN TRINBAGO sitting on a GOLD MINE and just don't know it. BEVERLEY just has to learn to THINK BIG and let others lead the way sometimes because TRINIDAD is a complex society when it comes to RACE and CLASS!!!

Any sensible person will know what a GOLDMINE the Trincity lands are to PTB, especially in the longterm. When Panday gave PTB the land he spoke of it. This project will take a special kind of discipline and determination to pursue. I predict it will happen soon tho. Claude, your thoughts here on this matter are not new.

Bertel Gittens: I think that YOU and MARCUS ASH could handle THIS PROJECT. But make sure that the EMPHASIS in on the EVENTS CENTER and not so much on the OLD IDEA of the HEADQUARTERS.

THE EVENTS CENTER should be a  REVENUE GENERATOR and JOB CREATOR for PAN TRINBAGO!!!

You should put THIS PROJECT on the FRONT BURNER -- after all ... that whole BIG EXECUTIVE eh have nothing to do but sit around and wait for PANORAMA 2020.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service