When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Ok people it's that time of the year when we make our pick for panorama 2014, pick as many as you like.

Here's how I see it.

1 Phase ll

2 XO

3 Despers and Renegades

4 All Stars

5 Fonclaire

6 Skiffle        

Views: 6957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boogsie came out with his song last.... nobody knew it... Phase ll tied for third... I don't think a popular song will always win panorama.... Who knows Exodus' song? 2nd place for them.... Excitement isn't the most popular either yet allstars is in 1st place... a popular song helps but it is the greatest most touching arrangement of the melody that takes(should take) a band to winners row.

1. Phase 2

2. All Stars

3 Exodus

4 Renegades/Despers

6 Invaders

7 Skiffle Bunch

8 Fonclaire/ Silver Stars

10 La Brea Nighingales

11 Tropical Angel Harps

Right on VAL. ALL STARS WINNING 2 OF THE LAST 3 PANORAMAS [Possibly 3of 4] after Saturday's final. With the same arrangement. No structure. Seems Like the judges taking the easy way out.  Go Desperadoes!

do you really know about pan?

Cecil. I have noticed through the Years of Panorama most People always think that their Band got Robbed. It's a Competition where we will have Winners and Losers. It's Nice and Loyal to Support Your Band and Special arrangers but we must also learn to accept the Judges decisions. Their job is not to please Supporters but to give a fair decision. They were selected to judge fairly. Stop Complaining and accept the Judges decisions. Most time they are right.

thanks Val

Cecil. I have noticed through the Years of Panorama most People always think that their Band got Robbed. It's a Competition where we will have Winners and Losers. It's Nice and Loyal to Support Your Band and Special arrangers but we must also learn to accept the Judges decisions. Their job is not to please Supporters but to give a fair decision. They were selected to judge fairly. Stop Complaining and accept the Judges decisions. Most time they are right.

Val, every so often they mix the weed with crack and come up way left field.

In boxing , ice skating , panorama and other events that the judges have the final say
There will always be controversy . Sometimes it's highway robbery as I have seen in Boxing many times.
It is what it is and we just have to abide by their decision . The best band does not always win.
It's the best band the judges gave the highest score . That's my take on the judging. Blessings.

You know when there are haters out there when they start to criticize one or two bands.
If it is the case that All Stars are playing the same, arrangement four years straight then so too are all the bands out there. All Stars has through the years shown the most versatility all the way through the eighties and nineties. Leon Smooth is a genius, however not everything will work first time or even second. For many years, Jit played the same line with Renegades and even to this day the unique samba style in still incorporated in the musical lines. When you hear, certain bands there are typical attributes of them all. All Stars play with tempo and do many runs (that is their style and they do it best). Desperadoes have that jazzy thumping sound of Bradley they have used for years. If it were, any band to be stuck playing the same thing for years it would be Phase 2 and the reason I say so is all the other bands have had years of a change arranger and with some wins and some losses. YouTube is the proof if you are ever in doubt, just do a search for the bands and listen to them in the eighties, Nineties, and today, then come back and comment.

Martin: But every Trinidadian says Boogsie is a musical genius. Now you are saying that this genius is "stuck playing the same thing for years" -- that is STEELBAND HERESY!!! You might get burned at the stake.

Musical genius is not when you play the same or only your music. Boogsie never won panorama playing anything other than his own music. The thing is others do not toot their own horn. If he was such a master, how it is Desperado's, Renegades, and All Stars have more wins than he has, Please do not say they were around long before him. Smooth missed almost all of the eighties with All Stars and still have more wins.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service