When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Condolences to his family and friends.

Views: 5290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My condolences to  the family and  friends of  Guppy  who has  left  this  world so much better  for  his  great  contribution.May he  rest in peace

We all know this day will come but it is still so very hard to accept.This is such a great loss, he lived and died for Pan.He has meant so much to so many. As we try to come to terms, let us not forget the Creator. The one who gave us this beautiful instrument and the skill and knowledge to take it to internationally acceptable levels. To Herman "Guppy" Brown a Son of the soil, A man who stands tall amongst his peers. He will always be remembered .May his soul Rest In Peace.

Condolences to the Guppy Family - He was a Master of his trade (Builder/Tuner) his mark on the culture goes deep - just ask anyone who is fortunate enough to own or play one of his pans...... he will be sorely missed.   May be rest in peace.....

Deepest condolences to the Brown family, and thanks to "Guppy" for creating the most finely tuned steel pans! If music is indeed the speech of angels, Guppy has given to the world, instruments of love, peace and harmony.  May he share them with the angels in heaven! 

In a TRIBUTE to the GREAT ones who MAKE THE SOUNDS WE HEAR... We all remember your names when the announcer called. Respect as we celebrate your WORK and LIFE.

Heartfelt Condolences to the Family/Extended-Family...on behalf of MySelf & *Parry's Pan School-Family.

We now have a Powerful AnceSTAR On/At Our Side!

AnceSTAR *Herman Guppy Brown>>>MODUPE-O...SINCEREST GRATITUDE, For All That You Have Given,& Will Continue To Give To Us!

ASE-O!

ONE-LOVE!

I am still in shock as I come  to terms with the untimely passing of Herman Guppy Brown . On behalf of T&TEC Tropical Angel Harps Steel Orchestra I extend deepest condolences to the Guppy- Brown family. Only a few days ago we were in dialogue with Guppy as we outlined all our plans for the 2016 Panorama season. We acknowledge that he was having some health issues but as he had done before we were hoping that he would pull through this one. Brown has been our primary tuner and blender for almost four decades and his passing will surely leave quite a void in the band's preparation for Panorama 2016 and beyond. He will be surely missed and I am sure that my sentiments are shared by many steelbands not only in Trinidad and Tobago but internationally as well.  

To the family and friends of Mr. Herman Guppy Brown. My deepest condolences and love for your loss at this time. I always say that God is merciful to those who trust and believe in him. We are all here for a short time and will meet the unexpected time of this life, it's how we live and treat our fellow mankind that is so important in serving God. I have known Mr. Brown for many years and has being playing his hand craft instruments for some time, he was no doubt one of the best steel pan builders of our time, he will be surely missed. May the Good Lord receive his soul.

RIP my friend. 

A General in the Pan Army Has Left us for the Great Beyond. All Condolences to the Bereived Family - Relative and Friends of Late and Great Herman ''Guppy'' Brown. Thank You  for All those Sweet Melodic Instruments that Provided for us. Go in Peace Brother and Join the Band of Tuners who are Waiting on You.. Leo Coker - Bertie Marshal - Rudolph Charles - Madman and the Rest of Great Tuners. May You All Rest - In Peace.

My deepest condolences to the friends and family of Guppy Brown  another great contributor to the art of steel pan production. As a preferred player of even resonance across the low tenor spectrum I admired his unique talent for recognizing the importance of such a feat. I too feel a sense of loss just as his friends and family do because we all will miss the void he filled within us, his family with love, his fans with his talent...May he rest in peace like all heroes should...Bob Diaz...

My Condolences to the family. Thank you for sharing your gift Herman Guppy Brown. R.I.P!!

Deepest condolences and sincerest sympathies to his family and the pan circle.  Hopefully the steelpan tones of this master tuner have been passed on and preserved for posterity.  May his eternal soul R.I.P.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service